Eachine Goggles One 5 Inches 5.8G 40CH Raceband HD 1080p HDMI FPV Goggles Video Glasses

In case anyone was interested in buying these Goggles, they're sold out and Banggood won't receive another shipment until August (2016). :)

FoOGkGH.jpg

Reactions: Raghid
So installed HDMI module and configuring the MyBUD glasses. So far looks really good, decent sized image. I noticed a lot of heat on the HDMI module. Is this normal? How hot does it get?

IDK, I tried them once in the field, didn't like them so I got a refund.
One good thing about the Goggle One is the built in fan.

So installed HDMI module and configuring the MyBUD glasses. So far looks really good, decent sized image. I noticed a lot of heat on the HDMI module. Is this normal? How hot does it get?
My module doesn't get hot at all just a little bit warm. Btw I don't like the goggles,I want to sell them.

Last edited:
Half of the Phantom 3 OSD at the bottom of the screen and about a 1/4 of the OSD at the top is cut off. This makes the data at the bottom very difficult to interpret but the more important data at the top is still readable including the goggle battery voltage.
This is due to the fact that the Phantom 3 HDMI module outputs a 16:10 video while the Eachine goggles display 16:9. Headplays are 16:10 so they don't suffer from the chopped-off OSD but Flysight Black Pearl monitors which are 16:9 do have OSD truncation. None of the devices have a way to shrink the screen.

Like with the Headplay, if you wear reading glasses (are far-sighted) then you probably won't be able to focus on the Goggles One screen without replacing or supplementing the stock lens. My 40-something eyes can't focus on the screen unless I hold the goggles about 6 inches from my face. Also, the stock Fresnel lens is not adjustable.

FullSizeRender (5).jpg

Note: The mode and goggle battery voltage in the upper left is not cut off as it is in the photo

IMG_3073.JPG
If Darth Vader wore a feedbag, this would be it.

Last edited:
Thanks. Good info if considering one. The MyBUDS don't have this issue, so happy with my decision to get them for now. Whoever heard of 16:10 output?

It has arrived!

DpxMGhD.jpg

Had I known it was going to come with 2 batteries, I wouldn't have ordered an extra. Now I have 3 batteries, lol.
u4jI7yZ.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Brent10 and Raghid
So far so good with the Nvidia Shield K1. An exact mirror with nothing cut off. However, I can't see sh!t as it's hella blurry. If I use my +1.50 reading glasses, it's clear, but the eyeglass frames is too wide. Gonna have to think of something else...

Today, a friend was able to achieve focus with the following mod:

2016-07-25_21-55-54.png

Reactions: RadRich
I did something similar with another pair of reading glasses I had lying around after I tried using a piece of 4.5 x 7 magnifying sheet, after cutting/shaping it.

What is the apparent size of the screen? Is it as big as the advertise?
5 inches. Yes, just as advertised.
I ordered these clip on reading glasses as the other thing I mentioned above was a hack-job and doesn't function all that great.
Qti0u3a.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed a lot of heat on the HDMI module. Is this normal? How hot does it get?[/QUOTE]

Just installed mine last night, and also noted the new module to be generating quite a bit of heat after 10-15 min... Did you ever get any resolution on this? Is it still working I guess is the main thing?

Mine is still working. Didn't notice any over heating. But to be Honest I haven't used it longer than 10 minutes straight each time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31