Eachine Goggles One 5 Inches 5.8G 40CH Raceband HD 1080p HDMI FPV Goggles Video Glasses

I am in your shoes too. I've heard it's always on order or not stocked or not out. I ended up going with MyBUD glasses.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

MyBUD glasses: Just do a search on name. Here's a quick link as Ebay is a big seller although I did obtain mine through Amazon.

Accupix MyBud 3D Viewer Glasses 100" / realistic than theater / BLACK

Thanks.
Is that HDMI module for the controller all what you need for this glasses.
Also do you recomment the My Bud glasses? Are you happy with them? Not big price difference with the Eachine ones and they look heaps better.

Sorry if I am asking too many questions. I just never tried these before.

Thanks

Thanks RadRich. That video is interesting and encouraging. Might get one ;)
I went ahead and ordered them. I have the parts to build my own, but I need to be in a particular mood, or mode, to tinker with stuff.
Plus, these Headplay knockoff's have a build in fan to dissipate heat! I like that and didn't even consider it when I bought all my parts for my DIY FPV head unit.

Reactions: Raghid
The MyBUD's are built in South Korea, so they're not the most user friendly. No manual, but you can figure it out. The glasses come with a battery box they connect to. There's a spring clamp for attaching the battery to the bottom of a cell phone. Fine if you do that, but otherwise it's protruding.
Unfortunately my final test is on hold as I'm waiting on a new gimbal after a crash. In the mean time I've set up the future use. I bought a belt clip for $2 from Walmart that allows you to attach a "button" to the battery with 3m adhesion. That button slides into the clip attached to your pants. This will answer how I hold it. There was no real way to attach it to the controller and use a short cable. I then connect mini HDMI from the P3 controller to mini HDMI input on the battery box clipped to my pants. From there the glasses connect to it. The glasses are quite snug, but the negative thing I've read on the glasses is there's no adjustment for pupil distance, so if it's not a match it may not work for you. I found minimal issue for me. Adjustment wise you can adjust the brightness. I connected it to the HDMI on my Amazon Fire and I thought it was good...kind of like a 19-21 inch monitor in front of you (like how it is as I type this on my PC). I bought these instead of the Fat Sharks as I've heard the screen size is smaller and FS cost $150 more. Unfortunately I had no way to try the FS's, so I went with reading the opinions and reviews. I think the Eachine's look awesome for a similar price, but I wanted something less bulky, and the MyBUD's will allow you to look down below it's frame to adjust your tablet on the controller. There's really nothing else out there that works in a similar way for the price. I will give my opinion of them for FPV when I get the replacement gimbal.

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys.
I think I will go ahead and purchase the Eachine ones.
Goodluck with your drone and glasses jjpetroski. Hopefully that works fine for you.

Just one last question guys. for the glasses to work, is the HDMI module for my P3A controller all what I need or can I get a cheap HDMI convertor from ebay and make that work?

Thanks in Advance

Just one last question guys. for the glasses to work, is the HDMI module for my P3A controller all what I need or can I get a cheap HDMI convertor from ebay and make that work?

Thanks in Advance
HDMI module, Yes. Or if you have a tablet with an HDMI output, that'll work too.
I'll be using the HDMI output on my Nvidia Shield K1 tablet.

Don't know anything about an HDMI converter.

As an FYI, here's a Quad-Core table for $78 at Walmart that has an HDMI output:
Nextbook Ares 8" Tablet 16GB Intel Atom Z3735G Quad-Core Processor - Walmart.com

Hopefully you're tech-savy to take apart the controller to install that DJI module.

Cheap HDMI converter? Not sure how you'd use it. You can go out of an HDMI port on a tablet (as noted above), but I've heard it risks video error due to due to the multitasking data push (once again I don't actually know this) or you can get the DJI HDMI input module for about $90 and replace it with the existing port on the controller. That change out is about 15 minutes. Also look for an HDMI Mini to HDMI mini cable to avoid the need for a regular HDMI converter plug in the middle. I find it interesting that a week ago I was doing the same search and now I'm assisting with the answers.

but I've heard it risks video error due to due to the multitasking data push (once again I don't actually know this)
That kind of sounds like woo-peddling to me. I mean, the tablet is a quad-core. It was built to multi-task.

I know I don't have any issues with my tablet, but it was built for gaming.

You're more right than me. It's only what I've read when using the HDMI port on the tablet.
The video out on the actual DJI port will give you more of a clearer view...IE: less screen info like on the tablet itself. The HDMI on the table will mirror the tablet itself whereas there's actually 2 types of output with the module: 1) What you see on the tablet as always via USB, 2) A more FPV with minimal data for the HDMI mini out for your MyBUD/FS/Headplay/Eachine glasses. The glasses will vary how that FPV is which makes me want to also get the Eachines along with my MyBud's. The MyBud's won out because I want to see the FPV view in the glasses while also being able to adjust tablet settings when looking down below the MyBud's view.

Last edited:
The video out on the actual DJI port will give you more of a clearer view...IE: less screen info like on the tablet itself.
That is correct. I forgot about that. Yeah, outputting from the tablet HDMI is just straight mirroring and I'm more than ok with that as that is what I want to see. I want to see the screen as if it was the actual tablet, minus the sun glare o_O

I had my first night flight on the 4th of July and it was so nice to have a clear view of the screen.

I'm with you. So I guess with the DJI module I don't have a choice on the output? I presume it's use the module for a clear FPV and if you want more data presented then get a tablet with a HDMI output?

What started me on this whole thing was not being able to see the tablet in our Florida sun...even with a sunshield. The original tablet view would still be fine by me. I just want to see the dang thing.

Just found this video. The HDMI module has telemetry info, but doesn't display the RTH, camera buttons, map, radar, and a few other displays.
I hear ya. I'm from sunny California.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Would a tablet like this work?
Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

Unfortunately I am in Australia and we have no Walmart :)
:( No Walmart in Australia? What is this world coming to?!

Umm... that tablet only has 1GB of ram. I'm not too comfortable with that spec. It has an HDMI output, so I would say it would work, but I'm skeptical with 1GB ram, and the 8GB memory.

Here's a webpage that compares the ATM7029 process with other comparable quad-cores. Seem like it's about a 3 year old tech: A31 vs ATM7029 vs Tegra3 vs Exynos 4412 Quad Core Battle - Androydz.com

Seems like they use the ATM7029 to keep costs down:
The quad-core ATM7029 is from Actions Semiconductor, a company that was well-known for supplying processors for MP3 players during the Mp3 player boom days. The ATM7029 is aimed at the low price and budget devices as it is currently one of the cheapest quad-core SoC in the market today. The ATM7029 has four 1.5GHz ARM Cortex A5 CPUs and a Vivante GC1000 GPU. The ARM Cortex A5 is also designed as a power saving chip but it is an older design compared to the ARM Cortex A7. I am not aware of any Android mini PCs that is using the ATM7029 but it is widely used in many Android tablets from Chinese manufacturers.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen