Each Flight costs $0.53

Reaction score
According to the manual the batteries should be discarded after 300 charging cycles.
At $150 per battery that works out to be $0.53 plus the cost of electricity to charge the battery for each flight.

I never really thought about this before.

If someone better at maths feels like working it out, would be interesting to see the overall costs of a flight based on part lifetime, charging power consumed, and disposable parts/batteries. But who has the time for that. Interesting to know how much I pay just for the batteries though. Cheers for thinking of that.

MikesTooLz said:
According to the manual the batteries should be discarded after 300 charging cycles.
At $150 per battery that works out to be $0.53 plus the cost of electricity to charge the battery for each flight.

I never really thought about this before.

Unless your drone goes down and damages the gimbal and camera. Then those flights go to $800-1300/flight :lol: :)

I fly several other electric models. My 10S pattern plane has packs that will give me maybe 100 cycles if I treat them really nice. Each flight is 8 minutes long. The packs cost $500 per set. That's $5 per flight. Even cheap packs will cost around $275, which is still $2.75 per 8 minute flight.

53 cents is a bargain!! For 18 minutes (my average flight) that is only 2.94 cents per minute. The pattern plane 62.5 cents per minute!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic