E300 motors

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the E300 motors on the P2?

I need to replace my motors and was wondering if the E300 motors would be better then the stock motors.

Thanks

Yeah I think a bunch of us have been using them and they seem to be smoother and quieter than the stock motors, and at least as efficient if not more. I still have my tmotors but I think I'm just going to leave the E300's on...much better value and seem to perform just as well.

if you happen to be anywhere near Reading this week, I'm visiting family in that area and would be happy to let you see the E300's on mine.

^ Did you use the ESCs that came with them or did you solder to the stock boards?
Happen to have any pictures?

Fyod said:
^ Did you use the ESCs that came with them or did you solder to the stock boards?
Happen to have any pictures?

I just used the original 18A ESC's from my P1, I'd attached bullet connectors to them a long time ago so the E300's were plug-n-play for me.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I actually don't have any pics (yet) of the E300 install...I'll probably have the shell open again tomorrow anyway and I'll try to grab some then.

That would be very much appreciated.

OI appreciate the Reading offer, but not around this weekend.

I ordered the E300 motors, just hope they work with stock P2 props.

Fdnyfish said:
OI appreciate the Reading offer, but not around this weekend.

I ordered the E300 motors, just hope they work with stock P2 props.

They work with stock P2 props and E300 ESCs will fit in Phantom arms.

Got the E300 motors installed. All works great. Thanks for the help guys.

Attachments

• FD1_7566.jpg
    FD1_7566.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 473
  • FD1_7567.jpg
    FD1_7567.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 458
  • FD1_7575.jpg
    FD1_7575.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 460
Awesome! Noticable changes in flight characteristics and time?

The p2 is supposed to come with e300 class motors and ESC programming from the get go.

That said, I have a p1 and several p2s, and have a full e300 conversion (motors + ESCs + props) on my p1. The retail e300s are quieter at idle than the stock p1 motors, or the p2v+ motors, and similar to the p2 h3-3d motors. At load they all sound the same, a hornets' nest :)

The basic p/r gains had to be dropped dramatically on the p1 with the e300 ESCs installed, making me believe that there is a significant difference not only with the p1 but also the p2s...

I am still using the stock esc's.

However, I did notice while flying in atti mode I had more pitch than normal.

I am still on default settings.

I think the p2 adjusts pitch maximums depending on the gimbal installed (not 100% sure, and only if it's a zenmuse). The Naza should be able to control any ESC output to match its maximums, otherwise it probably wouldn't even maintain hover. :)

Looks great Fd....I've got some ordered to replace mine. Will probably do the bullet connectors too. Does anyone know if the bearings are better in the E300's? I have some ceramic bearings that I got on Ebay a while ago but never used them...I wonder if it would be worth putting them in the E300's while I have everything apart?

Fdnyfish said:
Just got an email about a sale on the E300 motors.

http://1uas.com/E300-4xmotor-ESC-4-Pair?search=e300

I paid almost that price for just the motors. You can get the esc's and props for free. Maybe sell them and recoup some cash

Same here, bought mine a couple of weeks ago then saw that just the other day at heli-world. Not that I needed the kit but I wouldn't mind having some ESC's in the spares box for my next build and some extra sets of blades (5 pairs!) for the same price I paid for the motors alone :roll:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic