DYS 3 Axis Gimbal Setup for pitch, roll, yaw

Reaction score
I am upgrading my arris cm2000 to the DYS 3 Axis Gimbal.
I have the pitch and roll setup really nicely on my Futaba and phantom1. But now that I have the new DYS I am not sure where to connect these from the naza to the DYS. Is the pitch the top right pin, and roll the top left? Which is the yaw on the dys, and where on the naza would that go?

I believe all the bottom pins are ground. Can someone send me a pic of the pin configuration or send a link?

If you have a Futaba Tx/Rx,. you don't want to connect the gimbal to the NAZA (but if you did ,. the only port you could connect to is the F2 for tilt).
instead,. plug the gimbal straight into the Futaba Rx.

However, the next issue you might run into is - if you want to control all 3 -axis's, you'll need at least 3 , possibly 4 extra channels.
- which will put you in a pickle if you only have an 8 channel Futaba.

But if you have an 8 channel Futaba, you can only use Ch5 and Ch8,. unless you eliminate IOC, which will free up Ch7 I think.

Slowly making progress. Attached the gimbal which was easier than I expected. The 2 screws spacers that came with the gimbal attached right to the phantom base and fit the gimbal mount that came with the dy3.

Connected my tilt and roll connectors that I removed from the Arris to the dys. The tilt works in reverse and is position based with how far you turn the tilt wheel on the futaba. I also notice the direction of turning the dial is in reverse to what I had. That is just a software tweak that I worked with before on the Arris. So that is no major problem. I just haven't figured out how to control the roll which I had control over with on the Arris. It was great as whenever the horizon went out of alignment, i could easily reset it with one of the adjustment switches on the futaba. Now when I connect the roll cable to the dys, it does the freakout dance, so I will go into the settings and adjust that. Still not sure which the roll connection is on the dys. The top right of the four pins is the tilt, so playing around with the other three.

i found a great link onfacebook in the dys geoup which youncan all join. Vwry good support for this gimbal
Here is something amazing that will help you in just a couple of minutes to automatically configure your dys gimbal. And you can shut the motors so it doesn't go crazy

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=77 ... =2&theater

The link is still active, not sure what the latest thread is, but usually people are commenting

I clicked on the link in the first post and it is still active with conversation and videos. Try on another computer at another location

aigh..

i tried 2 different browser..
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
Return home

anyone got an alternative link?

Try from another location. For some reason your provider may be giving a problem. Run it from a Tim Horton or macdonals wifi. What about going into Facebook and searching for the group, then you can add it to your subscribed groups in face book

Okay. Can u tell me which group it is..? As I can't see from the link.. Thanks.

Probably I can try and clear cache and see if it works

Don't run out of cache...hehe..nerd joke.

Ok...it is called.
and the winner is....
envelope please..

DYS Smart 3 AXIS Gimbal Owners

They could not be here tonite, so I would like to accept the award and all money entitled to them.

Finally... I get to see the fb page. Looks like I need to join the group b4 I can see it...

Okay.... Let see if it can help me

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic