DYS 3 Axis Gimbal for my phantom 1

Reaction score
I want to purchase a DYS 3 Axis Gimbal for my phantom 1. I had a couple,of questions. Will it work on the phantom one or do I need any hardware upgrades?

Also will I have to extend the legs of the phantom?

Any suggestions to the software version of the Alexmos that I should use?

Any suggestions for phantom 1 users would be appreciated.

Yes, it will work on the Phantom 1.
I purchased mine from:

http://www.flyingtech.co.uk

If you go to their site and look up brushless gimbals you will find a link to the appropriate software and firmware to use, namely:

Simple BGC 2.3 software and V 2.3b5 firmware.

They also have a download for their own profile which seems to work on my Phantom 1 (which was originally an FC40).

You will definitely need to use Phantom extended legs as the GoPro is too close to the ground. I have also found that using the larger Phantom 2 props gives me an extended flying time of about 1-2 minutes compared with the standard props. Flight times with the extra weight are now about 7 to 8 minutes on a standard 2200mAh battery.

The main problem I have had is to get the RC tilt control to work. I have had it working once but messed up my settings and have not yet been able to repeat the settings. This may just be a fault with my unit and I am going to contact the distributors for a solution.

Good luck!

Did it screw right into the phantom or did you need an adapter plate for the phantom 1?

The video looks really smoothe. The only thing i did notice was a little rocking up and down in the horizon but almost perfect. Maybe you have to tweak the pid settings but altogether acceptable. Nice job!

Thanks for the comment. I have now managed to get the remote camera tilt to work but I don't quite know what I did differently to my previous attempts!

Good luck if you do get the DYS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik