Dynamic home point?

The P4 does not have a dynamic home point setting. You can manually reset it at anytime during your flight at the top of the "Main Controller Settings" section of DJI GO.

Reactions: Lerroy
Also note, that in order to reset your home point while the aircraft is in flight, you must have a tablet with GPS capability

in order to reset your home point while the aircraft is in flight, you must have a tablet with GPS capability
When not using a tablet with GPS capability, you can still reset the home point to the Phantom's current location.

When not using a tablet with GPS capability, you can still reset the home point to the Phantom's current location.

Unless I have misunderstood the OP, he would like to do it for when he is out on his boat. I am assuming that he would like to do it while the aircraft is in flight, thus you need a tablet with GPS.

Unless I have misunderstood the OP, he would like to do it for when he is out on his boat. I am assuming that he would like to do it while the aircraft is in flight, thus you need a tablet with GPS.
No, I don't believe you misunderstood the OP at all. And, you most certainly don't need GPS to reset the home point while the aircraft is in flight. The OP could fly the aircraft over top of the boat's current location and reset the home point to the Phantom's current location. It's certainly a viable option when not using a device with GPS.

No, I don't believe you misunderstood the OP at all. And, you most certainly don't need GPS to reset the home point while the aircraft is in flight. The OP could fly the aircraft over top of the boat's current location and reset the home point to the Phantom's current location. It's certainly a viable option when not using a device with GPS.

In your post in this thread here (bullet point 5)

Finally ordered my P4, Now which tablet/Ipad??

You state that in order to reset the home point to your current location once the aircraft has taken off, your device must have GPS or you must use an external GPS attached to your device. For the sake of this conversation, I am treating a GPS enabled tablet the same as one with a third-party external GPS unit attached.

You state that in order to reset the home point to your current location once the aircraft has taken off, your device must have GPS or you must use an external GPS attached to your device. For the sake of this conversation, I am treating a GPS enabled tablet the same as one with a third-party external GPS unit attached.
Are you being pedantic or are you serious?

Are you being pedantic or are you serious?

I'm being serious. The OP asks if he can have dynamic home point. The answer is yes, if you have a tablet or phone that is GPS enabled either internally or through an external device. This topic has been discussed in several threads. I only quoted yours because it was the first one that popped up in the search list.

The answer is no. The P4 does not have a dynamic home point setting. The only options are to set the home point to the aircraft's current location or the mobile device's current location (if it has a GPS receiver).

The answer is no. The P4 does not have a dynamic home point setting. The only options are to set the home point to the aircraft's current location or the mobile device's current location (if it has a GPS receiver).

I am referring to a "dynamic" home point while you are referring to a dynamic home point "setting". We are however saying the same thing.

Last edited:
I'm lost. Hopefully we didn't steer the OP off course though :D

Reactions: Chopstix Kid

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues