Dynamic Home Point Issue - Chasing Vehicle

Reaction score
I had an issue with dynamic home point this past weekend and would like some input.

I was trying out doing some moving shots/ vehicle chase of my side by side. I turned on dynamic home point and had an orange circle on the radar on the app. I was driving basically straight from my start point and got quite far, approx 1.5 miles. I got a message on my phone "to far from home point" and my phantom wouldn't fly any further, it just stopped, sat and hovered. I checked and the home point as still set at my original location but dynamic home point was still checked and the radar circle was orange. I turned the phantom off and back on to reset my home point at the new location and flew a little further. I was not really able to test the situation further as my battery was too low. I did notice that after i reset, as i was driving the Distance number on the app was growing larger even thought the phantom was the same distance from my phone.

I thought dynamic home would allow me to keep flying/ driving as long as i wanted as long as the phantom was not out of range of my phone. If my understanding is correct i should not have received the message on the app and the distance number on the app should not be increasing if the phantom remains the same distance from my phone. Am I not understanding the point of it or do i not have something set up properly? I believe i received the message when the phantom reached the max distance that i have set in the Phantom computer software.

This could have ended badly as i was approx 1.5 Miles from my start point and did not have a lot of battery left had the phantom decided it needed to return to home. Thanks in advance.

Phantom 2 vision plus V3
App 1.0.56 android

Bayou flyer said:
I had an issue with dynamic home point this past weekend and would like some input.

I was trying out doing some moving shots/ vehicle chase of my side by side. I turned on dynamic home point and had an orange circle on the radar on the app. I was driving basically straight from my start point and got quite far, approx 1.5 miles.
Phantom 2 vision plus V3
App 1.0.56 android

Try again...
This time, enable GPS on your phone.
Grab the Ground Station maps on your phone.
Then connect phantom.
This time, please make sure the yellow ring changes to the green ring around the Radar in your Phone app.
Yellow = enabled. Green = enabled and locked onto your device..

Thanks for the tips. Will try again. Just read in manual that an orange ring around radar, which I had , mean DHP is not available.

Bayou flyer said:
Thanks for the tips. Will try again. Just read in manual that an orange ring around radar, which I had , mean DHP is not available.

No that means the bird is using the home point it locked onto when it first took off(home point nearby)

If there is no ring that means the dhp function is off
Orange ring means it's nearby(craft's gps lock and set home point)
Green ring means it's locking onto your devices location

Well this is straight from the latest manual on dji website. An orange circle indicates that DHP is not available.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422404136029.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1422404136029.png
    688.6 KB · Views: 581
That's not what the app says in the tutorial

What I typed in my last post is per the app

Thanks for the info. So seems like there is conflicting info. The manual says one thing and the app tutorial says another. I would think the app tutorial would be correct.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422416103626.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1422416103626.png
    364.1 KB · Views: 504
Just make sure its green!

Go with the app as it is always more accurate then the manual as there is always typos in the manual
And as mako79 said make sure it's green to be safe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik