Dynamic home point in autopilot

Reaction score
I recently downloaded autopilot and have been testing it out. Most of it works great though I am still adjusting to the new information display vs DJI Go.

One issue I am having: I have dynamic home point enabled in the autopilot app but when I move it does not update the home point. So in follow mode it works great right up till I reach the max distance parameter of the p3p and the copter will stop following. It will still track me with the gimble but it won't travel any further. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? How do I get the home point to dynamically change? Follow mode won't be of much use to me if I can only travel a couple thousand meters before the aircraft won't go any further...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I know in the GO app that it is not really dynamic and you must manually change it from one static home point to another. Perhaps autopilot is the same way? I dont use autopilot, so I am just speculating.

It is supposed to auto update every 1 sec in autopilot. There must be some setting I need to change in DJI go so the aircraft gets the change and it will work in autopilot. I just don't know what it is !

Make sure you don't have a max distance setting in the DJI GO app. This will supersede any autopilot setting.

Ok thanks. That should solve the follow problem. But I would like dynamic home to update as I plan to use on a boat and returning to original home point will be bad news. Has anyone got that functionality to work properly?

Is your tablet/ phone equipped with GPS? Most iPads don't have that functionality and the RC can't update its location if it doesn't know where it is.

Yes. It is an iPad mini 4. It has Gps and barometer. It follows the tablet fine. The home point is just not dynamic.

No one else has experience with dynamic home point? I would think it'd be a really common need for anyone wanting to do follow over long distance?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers