Dynamic Home point (as of 3/20/2016)

Reaction score
Problem with web is that sometimes one reads old and/or obsolete info. I have been researching quads for over a year and plan on going for a P3P. one worry is flyaways.
At least a few folks believe that one of the culprits might be that the quad is storing an
"old home point" - hence my question.

On p. 37 oh the P3P manual I saw online it showed Pilot app button 14 " dynamic home point". If one wants to be sure that the craft has a valid (close) HP. Couldn't this ensure the HP was correct before takeoff? Also from videos I have watched, the track and location of the craft are what is shown. So if an old HP was in memory wouldn't it show on the map ?

many thanks

Pilot app is an old app.

What we do is let DJI Go App set home point first as it announces and then fly. That way old home point is erased.

Reactions: QuadBart
No worries... The "fly-away" topic is a bit over-rated. Sometimes Phantom Pilots just do silly things or forget to set certain parameters which cause a fly-away. No one ever wishes to admit they were the cause of a lost Phantom (very embarrassing), so sometimes the fly-away option is a pretty good story. If you do everything by the book then your odds of a fly-away are near impossible. The majority of pilots on this forum have never had a fly-away. Some of the most common reasons for a fly-away are:

- Not setting a Home Point, and then flying your Phantom out of transmission range.
- Flying your Phantom far out of sight so that you no longer can see your surroundings and crashing into something.
- Flying out of transmission range and then when the Phantom enters "Return to Home" mode, accidentally cancelling it & causing the Phantom to just hover in place until the battery runs out.
- Flying near an eagles nest and having the eagle fly away with your Phantom. ;)

When you fly your Phantom you'll notice that it will tell you on screen prior to take-off that a HOME POINT has been recorded. If it does not say this, then before you take off you can force it to acquire a HOME POINT (small button on the left in the DJI GO App flight screen).

As for DYNAMIC HOME POINT... That just means that you can set the HOME POINT to wherever you happen to be standing with the controller, which could be different than the take off point if you've been walking around.

Have fun flying!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.