Dynamic Home and "follow me" functionality...

Reaction score
Here is a thought...
Not sure if this idea has crossed the boards anywhere else within the PhantomPilots community, but it occurred to me that the dynamic return to home functionality could theoretically be used as a "follow me" function. If it updates "home" based on your GPS enabled smart phone location every 2 seconds, and you are continually moving away from the returning Phantom, then wouldn't it simply continue to seek you (or your phone)? I plan on flying tomorrow, perhaps ill try this out.

Maybe this isn't the case and the Vision will simply return to the location last recorded before toggling return to home. Even so, does anyone else foresee that this functionality could easily be a fore-bearer to enabling a "follow me" function within the Vision.
Perhaps in upcoming firmware????

Your thoughts...?

Not sure i like this to be an automatic feature. There was value to the Home Point reset option using S2 to set a new home point at a location other than the pilots location... IE: flying in areas with lots of trees, i always set my home point in a clearing, so that if i lost visual, i'd know where it was going to land.
Auto relocate removes that option, they should have made this optional if it is not.

I havent updated yet, so i dont know if it can be turned off or on. Any thoughts?

You can turn it on or off in Assistant or, if you have enabled it in Assistant, also the App.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues