dyeing props

Anyone know where to get florescent dye colors? Blaze orange or neon green for example?

I know its an old thread but I just did mine,

Aquamarine ritdye

how water on the stove about 140-160 degrees and a whole bottle of the dye to about 2-3 gallons of water.

Took longer then I wanted but about 2 hours, the water naturally went down in temp but I still think it turned out better then I expected

20160724_015808_zpsyhzpkwqh.jpg

20160724_020152_zps0llpwzqc.jpg

I was worried that the hot water would warp the props in a way, with my ARdrone it was common to get props that were not properly angled and there were tons of videos showing how you put the props in hot water then use something like the body of a sharpie marker to shape them.

Needless to say I tested it out right away and happy to say nothing at all changed, the weight also didn't change

I know its an old thread but I just did mine,

Aquamarine ritdye

how water on the stove about 140-160 degrees and a whole bottle of the dye to about 2-3 gallons of water.

Took longer then I wanted but about 2 hours, the water naturally went down in temp but I still think it turned out better then I expected

20160724_015808_zpsyhzpkwqh.jpg

20160724_020152_zps0llpwzqc.jpg

I was worried that the hot water would warp the props in a way, with my ARdrone it was common to get props that were not properly angled and there were tons of videos showing how you put the props in hot water then use something like the body of a sharpie marker to shape them.

Needless to say I tested it out right away and happy to say nothing at all changed, the weight also didn't change

I did wonder about the black and silver caps on the props, the dye obviously doesn't take to them? Or do they come off? Atleast you still know what motors they run on. Do you need to put salt in the dye as like in fabric?salt opens up the paws in the fabric,at a guess I doubt you need salt for plastic.

I did wonder about the black and silver caps on the props, the dye obviously doesn't take to them? Or do they come off? Atleast you still know what motors they run on. Do you need to put salt in the dye as like in fabric?salt opens up the paws in the fabric,at a guess I doubt you need salt for plastic.
No the dye does not adhere to the caps at all
That looks really cool [emoji41] Do you think the process could be applied to the shell, black being about the most visible colour in the sky it would be fun to have a black P3.

Sent from my F3311 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Ritdye will not work on the shell but Poly Dye will and is several threads on using it .
It stinks really bad while doing it but looks good .

Just dyed mine, doesn't take to well to previous scratches against concrete
0f1555b47f17fb82aac28b4f1ea8f0c9.jpg

What the **** I'll get the orange out too! Double prop twice the speed and
Lift lol
2bedc3552083013130ecfbbf0716530a.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members