dyeing props gone?

Reaction score
I had colored two sets of props with my P3P with blue dye. It appears that that will not be possible with the P4. From all the images I have seen the new props seem to have a glossy finish. Just thinking about custom possibilities.

Indeed they are glossy just like the P4. Assuming it's only the gloss & not the type of plastic preventing you from dying the props, you could easily remove the gloss with some fine steel wool.

I had colored two sets of props with my P3P with blue dye. It appears that that will not be possible with the P4. From all the images I have seen the new props seem to have a glossy finish. Just thinking about custom possibilities.
G

Last edited:
Indeed they are glossy just like the P4. Assuming it's only the gloss & not the type of plastic preventing you from dying the props, you could easily removed e the gloss with some fine steel wool.

G

It might add drag, not sure I would do that ... I'm sure someone will figure out how to customize them. All the body wraps will be different as well.

If you can find out what they are made from you may be able to dye them. (Did you try poly-dye on them?)

Indeed they are glossy just like the P4. Assuming it's only the gloss & not the type of plastic preventing you from dying the props, you could easily remove the gloss with some fine steel wool.

G
You might induce a balance issue

I know it's been a while since anybody has posted on this thread, but I just discovered it. I think I found a solution on how to dye the new P4 props, Alcohol ink! What I found and saw on youtube, it says it binds to most plastics, metal, glass and nylon fabrics. I know it doesn't specifically say polyurethane, but if it works on glass and polished metals, I am sure it would work on our props. You can pick up the alcohol ink at any craft store, and you use a blotter type thing to apply it, here's a video of someone dying glass. I'm going to try it on my back-up set of P4 props, I'll post back in a couple days and let everyone know how it turns out.

You can dye P4 props perfectly fine. At least I did. Have you heard of there being any problems with them accepting dye? I use the RIT synthetic dye, but to me that only makes sense because they are some sort of polymer I assume. Same old process of heat up water mix in dye drop props in. Take them out and they are done.

a35a8994b8136bff7b6991237aef9d4b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Looks great! But that P4 is calling for a bit more purple on the shell. A+

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik