DX6i Transmitter with Phantom 2

Reaction score
Once I got my Phantom I got addicted to radio control things that go up and down. I've bought several micro and nano quads as "indoor' trainers. Then I made the mistake of going to a local hobby store I had not been to in many years (Graves RC in Orlando). I ended walking out with Blade 120 SR heli and have been having a blast with that when not flying my phantom. The next step up would be a CP heli, like the Blade 300 x which comes with a DX6i transmitter. I've seen lots of threads here about using Futabas and I'm guessing the DX6i probably does not stack up well against them. But I'd have to think the Dx6i has to be better than the stock DJI transmitter and it would be nice to have a single Tx that controls the Phantom and any other things I might have.

Is this transmitter usable with the Phantom? Any set up experience (like some of the excellent Futaba set up threads I've seen here)?

Thanks

You can use a Futaba SBE-1 cable to convert normal receiver PWM outputs to a single S.Bus output which you can pipe straight into the NAZA. It should work for your receiver however the problem you'll have is that the DX6i is only a 6 channel set and the P2 uses 7 channels.

IOC, GPS/ATTI and Zenmuse are used in addition to the normal axies. As you need the IOC and GPS switches for compass calibration and home setting you'd have to sacrifice the Zenmuse tilt channel :-(

goldfishrock said:
You can use a Futaba SBE-1 cable to convert normal receiver PWM outputs to a single S.Bus output which you can pipe straight into the NAZA. It should work for your receiver however the problem you'll have is that the DX6i is only a 6 channel set and the P2 uses 7 channels.

IOC, GPS/ATTI and Zenmuse are used in addition to the normal axies. As you need the IOC and GPS switches for compass calibration and home setting you'd have to sacrifice the Zenmuse tilt channel :-(

Thanks. I think I understood about 10% of that. Sounds like the verdict is I need 7 channel Tx for everything to work.

Obviously I've got a bit to learn about the electronics involved.

jondrew said:
Sounds like the verdict is I need 7 channel Tx for everything to work.

Basically yes.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl