DVR for Boscam RX-LCD5802

Reaction score
Looking for a cheap digital DVR for my 7" monitor. Any recommendations?

I have a cheap one I use with my black pearl. Keep in mind this isn't hd video just vga. I use this only so I review it with iosd data in case something goes odd with my flight. All you need is video out from your monitor. If you have dc power out from your monitor then you won't need a battery for it.
I attached this to the bottom of my phantom controler

.http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A0JMY8C/
it comes with broken English instructions but you can figure it out. Mine is set to start recording when I power it up when I start my flight

I got this one a couple of weeks ago.
It worked for 1 flight. Next time I switched it on there was some nasty smelling smoke coming from it..
I used a standard 2200 Lipo to power it. I opened it up to see what was wrong and noticed a completely burned out chip. Contacted the seller but he never responded.

The video quality of the one flight I recorded was not very good but useable. Choppy, low frame rate.
But I won't buy crap like this anymore. For roughly 2.5 times that money you get a HD Diversity screen 32Channel with HD DVR and built in Lipo (no wires at all). I just ordered that one. Even if you already have a screen, it makes a great backup as well.

On RC Groups they consider this one of the FPV items that is a must to buy.

RC732
7" monitor with 5.8GHz 32 Channel Diversity RX and also DVR(!!!)

Only a few places sell this so far - this is the best current price supplier:
http://www.banggood.com/RC732-DVR-7-...-p-947348.html

It has an inbuilt battery also.
It has AV input, so you can record off other devices such as goggles.
AV output so you could feed goggles. eg 32ch into Fatshark with only 8ch Immersion freqs. Or into a larger monitor/TV.
It even comes with a sunlight shade/shroud!
And can also be powered from an external Lipo too.
It does 'Static' and not 'BlueScreen' on low/lost signal. (It is made for FPV use)

This single unit can do all the ground stuff you want!!
I would still advise GOGGLES are also a great thing to have, first or also.
It is good to have TWO ground video sources (complete RX systems), in case one fails for some reason!

Having the ability to record the FPV video - more so if you have GPS info on the OSD - means you have something to check to help you FIND the plane if it gets 'lost'! And rather than just a DVR unit, this is one complete package to achieve that.

WATCH OUT - there is a version of this that uses DIP Switches for the Band/Channel. I guess it was the prior version, but it LOOKS almost exactly the same!
It has DIP switches on the front panel and the new version has a 'blank panel' over where those used to be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav