Dust Devil

Reaction score
On Saturday I was flying my Phantom 2 Vision at about 200 feet over the field where our local club was launching rockets. All of a sudden, some of the canopies at the far end of the flight line flew up in the air. A couple of vinyl carry bags for folding chairs and other stuff started swirling into the air. The stuff went up to about 150 feet in the air as the dust devil blew across the field right in front of us ... and right towards the Vision.

As the dust devil passed under the helicopter, it dropped quickly, about 50 feet, then recovered as the whirlwind moved away.

I'm not sure if the camera was recording video or not as this happened. I'm still hoping I'll find it, but I didn't see it as I reviewed the video that I took that day.

-- Roger

jadebox said:
On Saturday I was flying my Phantom 2 Vision at about 200 feet over the field where our local club was launching rockets. All of a sudden, some of the canopies at the far end of the flight line flew up in the air. A couple of vinyl carry bags for folding chairs and other stuff started swirling into the air. The stuff went up to about 150 feet in the air as the dust devil blew across the field right in front of us ... and right towards the Vision.

As the dust devil passed under the helicopter, it dropped quickly, about 50 feet, then recovered as the whirlwind moved away.

I'm not sure if the camera was recording video or not as this happened. I'm still hoping I'll find it, but I didn't see it as I reviewed the video that I took that day.

-- Roger

Find the video! You cannot post this without the video :lol: !!!! Must have been a sight! hope no one was hurt though.

Be happy your just looking for the video and not your Phantom.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The devils are very active at my place in Utopia,TX.
This from 2 years ago.
The dogs were hot on it's trail.
No video, but my trail cam picked it up also.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl