During RTH gimbal won't move.

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I sold my p3p and bought P4pro and so far loving it. Had only 3 flights, today I wanted to test how's return to home works, so after flying 2200 ft i got Aircraft disconnected message and RTM kicked in, after 15 seconds video feed showed on my ipad mini screen but I noticed that I wasn't able to tilt the camera up or down, its like it froze on one direction. Anybody else come across this issue? BTW after canceling RTH I was able to gain control of the gimbal, and than i decided to try it again RTH but failed second time as well.

Hi everyone. I sold my p3p and bought P4pro and so far loving it. Had only 3 flights, today I wanted to test how's return to home works, so after flying 2200 ft i got Aircraft disconnected message and RTM kicked in, after 15 seconds video feed showed on my ipad mini screen but I noticed that I wasn't able to tilt the camera up or down, its like it froze on one direction. Anybody else come across this issue? BTW after canceling RTH I was able to gain control of the gimbal, and than i decided to try it again RTH but failed second time as well.
This is normal and covered in the manual.
If you have obstacle avoidance enabled, the Phantom uses the main camera for OA in RTH.
Switch off OA and you have camera and joystick control in RTH

Reactions: MaxHam
When the Phantom is using obstacle avoidance while returning home, it's only using the front sensors to avoid obstacles. Since it points forward before returning to the home point, there is no need for it to attempt to use the side and/or rear sensors.

You cannot rotate the P4P when obstacle avoidance is being used during RTH. The P3P does not have front sensors, so allowing rotation there doesn't cause any issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik