Dunwoody/S. Springs/Roswell/Alpharetta/Johns Creek - Meetup?

Reaction score
To my fellow North - OTP Atlanta Phantom fliers,

Who is up for meeting somewhere this weekend (Aug 2nd or 3rd)? The place I like to fly is a huge soccer field complex in Duluth just off Peachtree Industrial, 1/2 mile north of the State Bridge/Pleasant Hill Rd. intersection. Google Maps location = https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...2!3m1!1s0x88f5981d72a575a3:0x8526c08a3ce2d8e3.

On weekends, the best time to fly is at sunrise until the soccer teams show up. Alternatively, at sunset after they all leave.

I'm open to other locations as well, but I think it would be really cool to get 5 or ten Phantoms in the air at the same time.

Who's up for it?

- Jeff (Johns Creek, GA)

Re: Dunwoody/S. Springs/Roswell/Alpharetta/Johns Creek - Mee

Just saw your post. My business partner and I own a land brokerage company a bought a P2V+ a few months ago. Have had a number of short but successful flights. Have videoed property listing and sold it right away. Also had 2 flyways and the 2nd one resulted in shipping back to DJI for repairs. Have it back now and anxious to pick up where we left off. Would love to hook up with another Phantom enthusiast. I live in P'tree Corners and my office is in Roswell. Send me am email to [email protected]
Thanks
Ron

Re: Dunwoody/S. Springs/Roswell/Alpharetta/Johns Creek - Mee

I watched some of your YouTube videos and we're practically neighbors! I almost saw my house in one of them. I have a Phantom 2 Vision+ V2 as well as a new project quad I'm building from the ground up on a Sky Hero Spyder chassis. We should definitely get together.

Hey guys. Just got my P3A a few weeks ago. I'm up in Alpharetta around Windward Parkway. I'm trying to be very careful of the places I fly just starting out. Have you found any good places to fly in the metro area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wherever seems interesting. Riverside park has a lot of good spots and room to maneuver.

Are there many people there? I try not to fly around by-standard. Are there better days / times of the day ... to fly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on when you go. It's a big enough park that there are usually empty areas almost any time though. Daytime during the week is great if you can swing it.

Morning everyone,
I am a new owner of a Vision 2 + and purchased it to do some terrain mapping of a farm I have in Jamaica. I live in Johns Creek close to StateBridge and Medlock.
I would like to get some pointers in terrain mapping and recommendations of what software and apps best work with the V2+.

To my fellow North - OTP Atlanta Phantom fliers,

Who is up for meeting somewhere this weekend (Aug 2nd or 3rd)? The place I like to fly is a huge soccer field complex in Duluth just off Peachtree Industrial, 1/2 mile north of the State Bridge/Pleasant Hill Rd. intersection. Google Maps location = Google Maps.

On weekends, the best time to fly is at sunrise until the soccer teams show up. Alternatively, at sunset after they all leave.

I'm open to other locations as well, but I think it would be really cool to get 5 or ten Phantoms in the air at the same time.

Who's up for it?

- Jeff (Johns Creek, GA)

Hi, Join us in the Air! Fairburn, GA Got Drones! Got Skills! Game On In The Air!
Bring your drones and hang out in the Air! Participate in the Drone Aerial Games, Saturday, May 5th! Will have separate fields for racing drones and Drone Rodeo with drones like DJI drones and other live camera feed drones!
Global Drone Day-Aerial Games

Hello Everyone! I'm relatively new to the Roswell/Alpharetta area. I miss flying in lowcountry Savannah and Charleston (have many hours logged on my P4 flying over the marshes with almost zero humans around) and would love to find some cooler places in the area!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj