Dumb question re: Course lock

Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
npalen said:
I believe that is true in COURSE lock but not in HOME lock where the phantom should revolve around the home point when using the roll stick input. The direction that the bird faces when doing this "revolution" can be changed at any time using the yaw stick input if I understand correctly.

You are correct. If for example you hold the right stick to the left it will make a smooth left circle around the home point. All you have to do then is using the left stick yaw the Phantom to maintain camera focused on your object. It is much easier than trying to keep a smooth circle manipulating both controls.
I must try this....

Phantom_Menace66 said:
Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
npalen said:
I believe that is true in COURSE lock but not in HOME lock where the phantom should revolve around the home point when using the roll stick input. The direction that the bird faces when doing this "revolution" can be changed at any time using the yaw stick input if I understand correctly.
You are correct. If for example you hold the right stick to the left it will make a smooth left circle around the home point. All you have to do then is using the left stick yaw the Phantom to maintain camera focused on your object. It is much easier than trying to keep a smooth circle manipulating both controls.
I must try this....
Let us know how that works out for you. I found out that the elliptical pattern of home lock was not nearly as symmetrical as I had hoped, and I'm not sure I could adequately sync the yaw to keep the camera pointed at the center of the circle. I really want to be able to do a decent arc/orbit shot, but I don't know if it's reasonably possible using home lock.

Werz said:
Let us know how that works out for you. I found out that the elliptical pattern of home lock was not nearly as symmetrical as I had hoped, and I'm not sure I could adequately sync the yaw to keep the camera pointed at the center of the circle. I really want to be able to do a decent arc/orbit shot, but I don't know if it's reasonably possible using home lock.

as that walkera tali H500 has the ability to do what you want ( skip to 45 secs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U9lyMFtyqg ) i would guess a software update for the phantom will be out in due course to give it similar skills. assuming extra hardware isn't required???

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1