Dumb question of the week. Connect Ipad and Iphone same time

Reaction score
Is it possible to have the iphone running vision and have the ipad connected at the same time to view the video live? I know once the iphone is connect to the bird via wifi but the ipad should be able to jump on to...no?

Re: Dumb question of the week. Connect Ipad and Iphone same

I don't think this is a dumb question at all and would like to know the answer to this too. If this is not possible, then what is needed to make it possible on a phantom vision 2 + v3

I would like to connect my "Droid" phone as usual (so I have the telemetry etc. if/when needed) and have a second person with an
I-phone also connect. They would just be controlling the camera, pictures, video taking. Unless it is close, it seems every time I look down to frame a shot I wind up loosing the bird and wind up figuring out the orientation and flying via instruments until I can visually locate it again.. If the second person could control the shots and just tell me (the pilot) pan left, right, lower, increase altitude etc. while I keep my eye on the bird, I think that would be more effective.

The reason I asked is I see the Inspire can have two controllers.

No it wont work.. both the ipad and iphone can connect to the wifi, that is no poblem, but you can't connect twice to the DJI App..
It is because on the Phantom/Camera there is only 1 port available to connect to (via TCP).. So the second person can't connect.

Not sure how it is going to work on the inpsire, but on the Phantom its a no.

I'm working on a mod to allow multiple connections, but having problems as I can't edit Android programs... and I need to, to modify the ports it tries to connect to.
If anyone can decompile/recompile the DJI App and is bored, would be great to hear from you!!

Thank you so much. If you need someone to beta test let me know. I kind of figured about the port. In Inspire one controls the bird and the other controls the camera. So logically it would be two separate ports, one for each task.

Ah yeah.. I think it would be relativly easy for DJI to make it so multiple people could connect.. but in saying that, I'm not how it would cope with multiple people playing with the camera tilt or settigng GS etc..

I have just done some work on the Phantom side regarding multiple ports... i need an Android person to mod the app for me though :(
Then if it works we can work out a permanant fix so everyone else can use it from multiple devices.

what about connecting just one device but using screen mirroring or casting from that device to another so all the FPV and telemetry is displayed on two screens with only one connected???? the connected device would be used by the non pilot to control the camera and the pilot has the other device to just see everything?

Never trieed it but I heard that works... have read from other people, in other threads, that is how they do it...

Genius thanks loco works. That just may be my answer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers