Dumb question 2

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm reading the Litchi manual and it says:
Failsafe

If the signal is lost between the aircraft and the remote controller, the aircraft will continue the orbit session
until it reaches the critical battery level (which can be set in the DJI Go app). The aircraft will then land in
place automatically, even if your failsafe is set to “Return to Home”.

Since I am surrounded by water (Key West) and will be doing a lot of flying over the water does this suggest that I should NOT be using this app?
Thanks ... Ed

I wouldn't trust it over water

Hi,
I'm reading the Litchi manual and it says:
Failsafe

If the signal is lost between the aircraft and the remote controller, the aircraft will continue the orbit session
until it reaches the critical battery level (which can be set in the DJI Go app). The aircraft will then land in
place automatically, even if your failsafe is set to “Return to Home”.

Since I am surrounded by water (Key West) and will be doing a lot of flying over the water does this suggest that I should NOT be using this app?
Thanks ... Ed
That is only In Orbit mode. Use way points and set the last point to return home. It is true however that critical battery in either case will be an autoland, if the calculated time to return home does not have enough power to do so. This is with Go or Litchi in that instance.

That is only In Orbit mode. Use way points and set the last point to return home. It is true however that critical battery in either case will be an autoland, if the calculated time to return home does not have enough power to do so. This is with Go or Litchi in that instance.

So you're saying I'm ok as long as I manage my battery usage? I have no intention of coming anywhere near those limits.
Thanks ... Ed

Yes, you should be fine in that instance. If you do begin mission planning with Litchi, just make certain that you check each individual way point setting carefully. Altitude, etc.. In the mission setting's you can set the "finish action" for the last way point to land, hover or go home. See Screenshot
Snapshot - 5.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4