Dumb Flytrex question ?

Reaction score
My wife told me Santa Claus is bringing me a Flytrex Live 3G for Christmas and I can't wait. I've been reading up so I can have it up and running as soon as I get it. It says the Flytex has to be soldered to the main board...since I plan on using it on two different Phantoms, does it have to attach to the main board for technical reasons or can I use the auxiliary power wire? Logic tells me that it just needs power but since it provides telemetry maybe it needs to feed off the main board. Help please !

I have the necessary connectors....I just need to know whether the unit HAS to be soldered into the main board for power or if I can use the auxiliary power wire coming out the leg.

Hawkeye 1 said:
I have the necessary connectors....I just need to know whether the unit HAS to be soldered into the main board for power or if I can use the auxiliary power wire coming out the leg.
i will be receiving mine in a few days. I also plan to use it on two drones, but I plan to use my XT-60 connectors. I would not recommend using any power lead that is smaller than the wires on the Flytrex itself.

I think it would depend on how easy it is to make the connection at the board and your ability to solder..I've seen the installation video and it seems like the wires are large in diameter and are designed to be connected directly to the board..the connectors like the one's mentioned above will work well. .if you don't feel comfortable soldering try your local hobby shop ..they probably know of a experienced solderer ..I see flytrex offers cables for their kits ,but the shipping is expensive is you want it right away. .

That's the big problem....I'm not a very accomplished solderer. ....thatswhy I was hoping I could use the auxiliary wire for power. I'll get it done by someone who can do it right and be up and running in no time. Thanks for the replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl