Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Duel Phantoms single flier

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by skyhighdiver, Sep 2, 2015.

1. skyhighdiver

Ok after a 8 week wait I finally got my P3P back from Dji only had 6 flights on it
    it had a faulty gimbal, very bad vibration in video. DJI said they replaced gimbal. camera I don't know but gimbal for sure as I marked it.
    Took it out today with my P3A and am rather unimpressed with the replacement camera seems really soft and fuzzy.
    I have everything on auto on both birds and both are air born at same time to same lighting
    Please tell me your thoughts and if I need to resend it for a better option:(

Side note was fun doing both at same time did manual channels one on 6 and one on 26 as I got signal warning when i fired up the second bird once I got the shots I needed I sent both out to 2000ft and hovered about 10-15 ft apart no control or video issues

2. 4wd

4wd

Are you sure all the camera settings are the same? Just setting on auto wouldn't do that, but you could look at what it had recorded on with suitable software.
    In any case I wouldn't expect them to create identical image quality without some minor adjustments e.g. exposure looks a little darker on P3P.
    The image from both is more than acceptable.

3. John MacNeill

A bit better Colour on the left. I think both are acceptable. You might be a bit pickie.

4. skyhighdiver

Yes all same checked iso ,shutter wb etc but the pro looks really fuzzy compared to the adv especially look at the trees almost like its out of focus

5. Lonewolf

Yes, it does look fuzzy on the Pro. Are you sure the lens on the Pro was clean? Just one very light touch to the lens can fuzz it up from the oils in your skin.

skyhighdiver likes this.
  6. JKDSensei

The Advanced looks just a little better imo. But 1080 is the highest resolution I can view them at.
    Would probably have to download copies of the originals and play them locally to see the true differences.

skyhighdiver likes this.
  7. suck it up

Did the camera have the plastic on the lens? Did you take it off? :D

8. skyhighdiver

Yes I thought that to even took off lens cap and cleaned inside lens same result