Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Dubbing audio

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cosmonaut, Jun 21, 2014.

1. cosmonaut

So I am wanting to shoot some waterfalls and I finally have a working gimbal but I don't want drone buzzing in the video. How do you record and dub audio into the final video?
    . I have iMovie so I am sure I could do it with that but the only recording device I have is my DSLR. I could shot video with it and strip the audio and add it to my drone video unless there is an easier way.
    So any ideas or equipment that would be better?

2. Mal_PV2_Ireland

Buy a cheap mp4 voice recorder or use the voice recording function on any smart phone and walk over to the waterfall and record the sound seperately. Add the audio into your video in post processing

3. kydan

There's several options such as the ones listed above.

You can even plug a microphone into your computer and do some short sound files of what you want to say. Or you could add audio music and input some text into the video.

4. cosmonaut

Thanks why is my iPhone always the last thing I think of? That's a great idea.

5. WillemvdK

Way easier is downloading one of the HUGE available sound effects libraries and use that :) No need for recording. A waterfall is a waterfall ;)

6. adanac

So I think it would also be a good idea to use a sound effects library. So there are many libraries online. So some of them offer effects without charge. So your phone might also be good. So good luck.