Dual Battery Mod

Whats the difference in doing the mod to the bird compared to doing the battery mod?
Well all your flights can be a duel batt flight rather than just having a modded battery.
As for the install It's also much easier than doing the battery mod the hardest bit is getting the shell apart .

Reactions: D4T_PoM
Those are interesting because they have a higher voltage than your standard lipo battery, but the P3's battery also has the same higher voltage...Those should actually match a lot better than the nano-techs for that reason...if you can handle the weight of two.

Thats why I looked into these due to the matching high voltage.

Weight wise I'm pretty sure the P3 can handle it and should not be a problem.

Will order my modded battery this week.

Thats why I looked into these due to the matching high voltage.

Weight wise I'm pretty sure the P3 can handle it and should not be a problem.

Will order my modded battery this week.
At 248 grams and the higher voltage these are a great find !!!

What bigger batteries are you refering to?
Also how about these batteries, would they work?
viewproduct | Turnigy Bolt 2400mAh 4S 15.2V 65~130C High Voltage Lipoly Pack (LiHV)

LiHV is a good idea. However, the P3 battery only draws around 10C with maximum peaks to 20-25C. You don't need batteries that draw more - they are heavier and won't be used at all.
Hyperion G6 LiHV batteris exist in 30-60C and are lighter than the Turnigy Bolt. According to my tests, those are the best. They are not available at HobbyKing, but are sold in some webshops in EU and US. Don't buy the 40-80C version, they are heavier.
For LiHV's you need a special charger, such as the SkyRC D100.

FYI the Hyperion G6 LiHV 2400 30-60C only weighs 203 grams, compared to 248 grams for the battery you mentioned. That is a very important difference! I get about 27-29 minutes with 2 of these on my P3 Pro. (very intense flying to 10%)

LiHV is a good idea. However, the P3 battery only draws around 10C with maximum peaks to 20-25C. You don't need batteries that draw more - they are heavier and won't be used at all.
Hyperion G6 LiHV batteris exist in 30-60C and are lighter than the Turnigy Bolt. According to my tests, those are the best. They are not available at HobbyKing, but are sold in some webshops in EU and US. Don't buy the 40-80C version, they are heavier.

FYI the Hyperion G6 LiHV 2400 30-60C only weighs 203 grams, compared to 248 grams for the battery you mentioned. That is a very important difference! I get about 27-29 minutes with 2 of these on my P3 Pro. (very intense flying to 10%)

Fredz, thank you for your input and sounds awsome.

Will look into this when I'm back in the office...currently at the Doctors waiting room awaiting a flew jab lol

Fredz, thank you for your input and sounds awsome.

Will look into this when I'm back in the office...currently at the Doctors waiting room awaiting a flew jab lol

Quick update...

Found some and also how about these?

HYPERION LIPO G6 HV 4400-4S 30C CONT, Robotbirds

And are these the ones you are referring to?

HYPERION LIPO G6 HV 2400-4S 30C CONT, Robotbirds

Hopefully all the P3 members who have the Power Mod can chime in with their thoughts and inputs for members like me who are trying to do/get the mod done with maximum results.

Last edited:
Quick update...

Found some and also how about these?

HYPERION LIPO G6 HV 4400-4S 30C CONT, Robotbirds

And are these the ones you are referring to?

HYPERION LIPO G6 HV 2400-4S 30C CONT, Robotbirds

Hopefully all the P3 members who have the Power Mod can chime in with their thoughts and inputs for members like me who are trying to do/get the mod done with maximum results.
Second link, indeed. First ones are way to heavy, unless you only want to use one battery. I use 2 of the second ones. You could try 2800 instead of 2400, but not sure - am waiting for mine. Might be too heavy.

Second link, indeed. First ones are way to heavy, unless you only want to use one battery. I use 2 of the second ones. You could try 2800 instead of 2400, but not sure - am waiting for mine. Might be too heavy.

Please keep me posted on the 2800's.

In the mean time I'm going to get in touch with HorisonFPV and ask them for a turn around time on the v1.5 battery mod.

If its a few days turn around for the battery mod then I'm ordering those Hyperion G6 bad boys lol

In the mean time, I just took delivery of the blue multiple charger for the P3 batteries, the one were you can charge 3 batteries and the RC together.

Can't wait to test the charger out lol

FYI, the motors on the P3 are rated at 400g of lift/motor. That is 1600g total lift at sea level. The stock weight with battery is 1280g. This gives you 320g to work with. If you load the motors with more weight, then they are rated for you will burn them out. I have the battery mod to the phantom directly with two Turnigy 1000mAh batteries. I get about 6 min of extra flight time. With the batteries and wiring harness I'm at 1585g. Be for warned about batteries that bring the weight higher than 1600g. There is a loss in flight time as the weight increases.

Hey Fredz thanks for the info m8 your one of the few that offer input on what duel batts are best/optimal to use.I'm gonna grab me some Hyperions :)
I have a pair of these Zippys ZIPPY Compact 2200mAh 4S 25C Lipo Pack (AU Warehouse)
Very cheap but weigh in at 210g

Ive been following this thread with great interest. I recently bought and installed the RC upgrade kit from fpvcustoms.com for my P3 pro. Worked awesome!! with a stock battery I managed to fly 32,000 + ft coming back into the wind. Emerg landed back onto my driveway at 6%. Not once did i lose signal which was amazing. When I bought the Antenna kit, I also bought the 3000mw booster battery upgrade. Paid an arm and leg for it all but it works great. Last week, I went crazy and bought the battery kit from him. Had I seen this post before that, I would have done things a little different. He sold me a P3 battery which he installed the xt 60 dual parallel plugs on, 2 carbon fibre battery mounts and 2 nano tech 1600mah 4S LIPO batteries. Ill be trying that out likely in the AM if the wind is reasonable. Ive also purchased from RC Dude Hobbies Hyperion G6 HV 60C Max - 2400mah 4S Lipo the coveted and hard to locate, Hyperion G6 HV 60C Max - 2400mah 4S Lipo that you boys are drooling over. Most definitely, the weight difference between them and the 2800 version or even the 80c max 2400 version is substantial when these units are already gently crossing the weight line already. I will report my findings of this soon enough. Unfortunately, I also just acquired the Hi Tec X1 LIPO charger and will now need to hock that badboy off and purchase something like the SkyRC D100 LIHV unit. Other than that, were good to go...

If I had to do it all over again, I would have definitely purchased the antenna and booster upgrade but cooked up my own battery mod like seen here.

Last edited:
Just upgraded my charging system. I went straight to Hyperion Japan. Inventory abounds not only on batteries but also most everything else needed re chargers etc.

Here's what I just purchased...

EOS 0720i SUPER DUO3 7S CHARGER.

Aircraft world .com is Hyperion Japan....

Can't wait to squeeze an extra 10% flight time out of the same or smaller size battery....

Ive been following this thread with great interest. I recently bought and installed the RC upgrade kit from fpvcustoms.com for my P3 pro. Worked awesome!! with a stock battery I managed to fly 32,000 + ft coming back into the wind. Emerg landed back onto my driveway at 6%. Not once did i lose signal which was amazing. When I bought the Antenna kit, I also bought the 3000mw booster battery upgrade. Paid an arm and leg for it all but it works great. Last week, I went crazy and bought the battery kit from him. Had I seen this post before that, I would have done things a little different. He sold me a P3 battery which he installed the xt 60 dual parallel plugs on, 2 carbon fibre battery mounts and 2 nano tech 1600mah 4S LIPO batteries. Ill be trying that out likely in the AM if the wind is reasonable. Ive also purchased from RC Dude Hobbies Hyperion G6 HV 60C Max - 2400mah 4S Lipo the coveted and hard to locate, Hyperion G6 HV 60C Max - 2400mah 4S Lipo that you boys are drooling over. Most definitely, the weight difference between them and the 2800 version or even the 80c max 2400 version is substantial when these units are already gently crossing the weight line already. I will report my findings of this soon enough. Unfortunately, I also just acquired the Hi Tec X1 LIPO charger and will now need to hock that badboy off and purchase something like the SkyRC D100 LIHV unit. Other than that, were good to go...

If I had to do it all over again, I would have definitely purchased the antenna and booster upgrade but cooked up my own battery mod like seen here.

Those 2400 Hyperions are awesome battery's, weighing at a 203grams my zippy 2200's weigh in at 243 plus your getting a further 10% flight time on those 2400's.Well worth the investment....love that charger too....let us know what sort of flight time you get.

I currently have my old P3P and a brand new one with new motors and shell. Next week I'll do indoor hovering tests with and without additional batteries. I have many of the Hyperions here up to 2800 so I'll test them all and come up with a comparison table. I actually returned all my Nanotech and Zippys because the LiHV outperform them!

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1448174277.046777.jpg

Reactions: D4T_PoM and Reed L
I like the cable format and exit location of the XT 60s off of DJI factory battery. Clean and no extra cable extensions. I'll be using the instructions from the first page of this post but with those exit locations and simple format. Less weight not loose wires and short feed from extra tanks.....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj