Dual Battery Mod

tested 2 - 5.2's and an 8 and got close to 47 min with this battery mod I've been working with probably could have pushed for another minute or 2...My conclusion is if you are looking for more flight time this isn't worth doing....you might as well keep the dji battery and not chop it up...oh well, live and learn....

Reactions: Lee SK and Digdat0
tested 2 - 5.2's and an 8 and got close to 47 min with this battery mod I've been working with probably could have pushed for another minute or 2...My conclusion is if you are looking for more flight time this isn't worth doing....you might as well keep the dji battery and not chop it up...oh well, live and learn....
dude thats impressive though ... you managed to remove the stock battery and strap on some huge external batteries in its place and flew for 47 mins! Theres only a few who have even attempted that mod, let alone got it working .. and you flew for 47mins man! Thats a 65k-70k flight .. without the stock battery! I think thats pretty darn cool.

Reactions: dan84uk and chazz
Heres my final revision, i used a takachi sw-125 enclosure which amazing, is the perfect size, nice snug fit. I found a great LP vinyl case to carry everything around in too, a gorilla LP100.

BrDensU.jpg

i8ZKGjm.jpg

So now what to try? Hobbyking kinda boned me and few days after i ordered the 6.6 lihvs they sent an email saying they didn't have them and refunded my money. I ordered 2 regular ones yesterday and waiting for them but that's about all i got goin on...What other battery combos are people usin to get good time and distance? looks like i may have tried all i can and time to maybe move along until i find a good place for distance...

Hi can anyone help? I have overdischarged my MS 5200 lihv battery and now when i put it on my charger i get error message
"Connection Break" (the battery is interupted). What is the best way to fix this safely?

"Connection break" only shows up for me when there's a connection issue between the xt-60 on the battery and the red & black leads on the charger. 2 times I found the solder loose on the chargers xt-60 and one time I found the banana plug on the charger pulled out slightly.

Hi can anyone help? I have overdischarged my MS 5200 lihv battery and now when i put it on my charger i get error message
"Connection Break" (the battery is interupted). What is the best way to fix this safely?

If yer lipos are depleted and won't charge on the Lipo setting, you can put lipo's on ni-cad charge setting on 1/2 amp or lowest yers goes ( preferably outside) and it can bring it up past 3.0 then reset it to lipo charge. ( google it)But check battery/charger solder points first.

129 pages ! like reading a novel.. and I like a happy ending ..well I think it was a happy ending .
I am just looking at extending my mission time for Litchi missions .
Has anyone used these battery mods with this app ?

129 pages ! like reading a novel.. and I like a happy ending ..well I think it was a happy ending .
I am just looking at extending my mission time for Litchi missions .
Has anyone used these battery mods with this app ?
Unreal hey :)

Ahoy Rocket_Aus...yes awesome thread because it showed me how...and now WELCOME to my operating
table once read working on a phantom was like brain surgery (lol) but with the wonder of the net..in the middle of
a shell replacement for my old faithful P3P..cheersSAM_0630.JPG

anyone had the any Multistar LiHV puff ?

got one 4000mah which i split myself starting to puff only after about 20 flights.

Hi guys.

Let me start by saying this thread has been crazy informative. Following the trials and tests here I've jumped into various configurations of clip mods. Happy to be enjoying over 30 minutes of reliable flight now.

Anyway, the reason I signed up and posted tonight on this aging thread was to show a slight modification to the status quo of "hooking up externals after gps flight ok" and taking off quickly.

I've fitted a small pressure switch on the back foot of the phantom that is linked through the externals hot wire. The Y plug can be inserted at anytime during preflight..but the Aux batteries won't come online until the bird lifts off.

It takes away the urgency to get in the air. Here's a pic of the setup.
20171001_010720.jpg
20171001_010720.jpg

here's some better pics, DJI name is not on there once.

yfMjEgA.jpg

9BKrfQ8.jpg

My battery has green PCB. same as the one in the photo
After I removed cable swing. I put the balancer cable back to the same place;
Lights only the battery leds, but does not turn on the drone.
Can anyone help me?

Heres my final revision, i used a takachi sw-125 enclosure which amazing, is the perfect size, nice snug fit. I found a great LP vinyl case to carry everything around in too, a gorilla LP100.

gps behind the battery?

Attachments

• BrDensU.jpg
    BrDensU.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 406

stock motors and stock propellers ?

Help please I have p2 vision plus and my flight time is about 5mins..i don' know what' going on I don' have anything put on it I even removed gimble still only about 5 mins flight time do anyone know if it' that I need new batteries

Help please I have p2 vision plus and my flight time is about 5mins..i don' know what' going on I don' have anything put on it I even removed gimble still only about 5 mins flight time do anyone know if it' that I need new batteries

probably some damaged cell.

Reactions: Ewayne

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4