Dual Battery Mod

Using a LiHv 6600 with no camera I have gone out to 66 K feet and back landing with 1%. A friend of mine strapped on 2X4000 Lipos with no camera and got out to 70 K and back...It would seem splitting the LiHV 8000 would have better results?

Thanks for that info PRO...I already ordered the longer balancing leads,12 gauge wire, some more xt60 connectors (in case I want to extend the power leads) ,and some 50mm and 100mm shrink tube (hope one of those sizes work for me)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EFIRDUW/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CMCFZ7G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ETROGP4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Shrink Tube

I look forward to watching your video....
If your splitting a 6600, 80mm pvc shrink tube is perfect!

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I know this has nothing to do with anything but I received my package (hobby king shrink tube) from Hong Kong in 2 days from DHL and my amazon order was shipped from one state away and will be here tomorrow...Yes one was free and the other cost more then product itself but holy cow 2 days from Hong Kong!

By the way 100mm is way to big don't even know what i was thinking...50mm will work...Wish they had 65 or 75mm...I know what ill be doing Saturday...Hopefully not setting my house on fire in the process :)
Hey Chazz, ebay has the 80mm cheap. If you gave questions or need help while splitting the packs, shoot me a pm

Reactions: chazz
Yeah I guess it is...If the bird goes it goes I don't fly over populated areas...Somewhere around 10 flights with it so far...I'll let everyone know If or when it happens...

which bird are you flying with ?

and anyone else like to add curious who is using P4's, P3's

What size PVC shrink would be used if splitting a lihv 8000? thanks
Being Procharged97 said 80 will work for a 6600 that will also work for 8000...They are not much different in size... The split battery will be 50mm high and 25mm wide...I'm not sure if all shrink tubing is measured by diameter or the size when its flat but mine is 50mm diameter and it will work but maybe 80 would be better...

Thanks Chazz, I am using a 6600 split right now, but I purchased it already split. Thinking of trying the split on the 8000, but want to make sure I know what I'm doing :)

Not hard just be careful, for MS batts cut the shrink wrap off only!! Then remove the tape and foam over the top covering wires, theres more tape and kapton tape, remove that as well. Each cell pack is stuck together with small squares of strong 2 sided thin foam tape. Separate down the center. You will need to add length to the bslance plug wires and the one wire that will connect needs to be 8". I made a video doing tthe whole process and will try to post it soon

When are you going to post the video? I'm looking forward to it. Thanks.

can someone with a 6600 split post a pic of it mounted to the bird? I would like to see how its mounted to the legs and the path of the leads to the battery...

Using a LiHv 6600 with no camera I have gone out to 66 K feet and back landing with 1%. A friend of mine strapped on 2X4000 Lipos with no camera and got out to 70 K and back...It would seem splitting the LiHV 8000 would have better results?
Why split it though?? Balance/weight? Seems leaving single would give best results.

Why split it though?? Balance/weight? Seems leaving single would give best results.

For me anyway its about balancing the load and seeing if it makes a difference and oh yeah I need something to occupy my mind...I also have a spare...

Reactions: Digdat0
With instruction from Procharged97 I split my MS8 battery...Thanks PRO...It wasn't too bad...The shrink tube I got was too heavy and not good for this application IMO...I ordered different tube- 80mm flat - 50mm diameter from E bay and I hope its a little thinner...I ended up having to add aprox 50mm to the balance leads that were originally 150mm long when I purchased them...The fist pic is what I saw when I opened it up...The last pic is an almost finished split battery...Hopefully she don't crash and burn next flight :)
MS8 open.JPG
MS8 1.JPG
MS8 connected.JPG
MS8 soldered.JPG
MS8 finished.JPG

I concur. Tried 2 of these MS4000 batteries today and got 31 mins with 17-18% remaining when landed. Not bad at all considering it's nearly 100 grams lighter.

did you buy the lihv version or standard lipo?

I'm still waiting for my 4000mah MS lihv to be delivered been sitting at a depot not far from me the past 3 days.. Waiting until australia post decide to delivery it to me.

did you buy the lihv version or standard lipo?

I'm still waiting for my 4000mah MS lihv to be delivered been sitting at a depot not far from me the past 3 days.. Waiting until australia post decide to delivery it to me.

I got the LIHV version since they were on sale.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik