Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Dual battery, and E300 motor and 9.4" prop settings question

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Discussion' started by Phantom12014, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Phantom12014

So awhile back I put a dual battery setup with the E300 propulsion kit from Dji on my phantom with 2212/920KV motors and 9.4" props.
    My question is when I'm in the software on computer what do I change my gains and battery life levels too? For now I been to scared to adjust it it flys good now with good battery life, but I was wondering if anyone knew if there was any adjustments I can make to improve flight times and performance? I'll be axiously waiting for your comments thank you for all your help!

Attached Files:

2. harmudge

Re: Dual battery, and E300 motor and 9.4" prop settings ques

Hopefully you get an answer to your Q's or figure them out for yourself as, as I said to you in my post...this modd may be in the pipeline for sometime in the future.... :D

3. Phantom12014

Yea I hear ya I didn't start doing all this till about 6mo of owning it...and it was a slow prosses...I'm constantly changing it..its turned into a addiction..its always on here and ebay..my wife probably would kill me if she knew how much I spent on it..hey keeps me out of trouble.. I fine doing all the physical upgrades like doing soldering, painting, and electrical stuff but changing settings in naza software I'm clueless....it flies great now I love it I'd be lost with out flying least twice a week lol...but I was just thinking if there is any tuning I can do but it real makes me nervous messing with that unless I know 100% for sure it won't f it up...

4. EMCSQUAR

Adjusting gains can be a tedious chore to get it where you like it. There's no particular "across the board" hard fast setting. It comes with experimenting but here's the basics of the gain #s.

First set of #'s Pitch, Roll, Yaw & Vertical are how the aircraft reacts towards conditions IE: wind, temp etc. The second set Pitch & Roll are how the aircraft reacts to stick inputs. Hope that helps...

Re: Battery settings - you can go as low as 10.6 first warning & 10.2 second warning level as a rule on single battery but with the added weight w/2 batts you might consider keeping it closer to stock settings. If you really what some times, try a couple of good size 4S (4 cell) batts, just remember to reset battery settings (under battery calibration)

Welcome to the addiction.

5. Phantom12014

Lol..thank u for the info

6. harmudge

Great info above, I'm sure other newbies to this addiction will find this info useful too.