Dual Batteries

Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have the phantom and Goodluckbuy gimbal with the gopro attached and a fatshark transmitter mounted underneath. I'm getting aproximately 6 mintues before the low battery lights start flashing. Thinking I could improve
the flight time I bought the dual battery mounts and and am running them in parallel. I didn't find any improvment in flight
time, and if anything I would say it's worse. It was however below 32 degress outside. Anyone with any information on this subject and if I should have seen improvements would be appreciated.

Skibum said:
Hi,

I currently have the phantom and Goodluckbuy gimbal with the gopro attached and a fatshark transmitter mounted underneath. I'm getting aproximately 6 mintues before the low battery lights start flashing. Thinking I could improve
the flight time I bought the dual battery mounts and and am running them in parallel. I didn't find any improvment in flight
time, and if anything I would say it's worse. It was however below 32 degress outside. Anyone with any information on this subject and if I should have seen improvements would be appreciated.

Low temps will slow the chemical reaction in a Lipo down (or any batt) and can easily affect flight times. 0c isn't too bad but its still lower than a fridge.

What batts are you using for the setup and how much did the Phantom weigh at take off?

My dual batt setup gets 10mins @ 1298 grams (Zenmuse + FPV + 2 x 2200s. The goodluckbuy gimbal is no lightweight I believe and it may simply be that the extra weight you have added is negating the extra power added (this could be due to well used batteries that are not at their best).

The other thing you really need to know is how much you are putting back into your batteries when you charge them from landing on flashing reds (first level protection).... you may find that you have 20+% useable power in them before you breach the 80% rule and if that is the case you could tweak the settings before first level kicks in.

Next thing to consider is props... Anything around 1200+ grams deserves better props than stock. 9x5 Graupners are good or GWS 9050 Triblades.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers