Dual batteries... cahnge settings or not. Info included

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently set my fc4o up to run dual 2900mah Overlander batteries.

I am using a Walkera G-2D gimbal, vision 2 props, extended landing gear and all else is standard.

Today I got 17 minutes of flight time.... that was what I would call general flight at low high with quick turns and movement.

I left the phantom to the point of it auto landing and when I got home the battery readings were..

1 11.2v
2 11.2v

This was read on two different voltage testers

They were then both charged

1 12.56v 65.49 mins 2299mah charged
2 12.57 66.27 mins 2338mah charged

Both read 12.6 in nava

My naza settings

First level
No load 11.3
Loss 0.6
Loaded 10.70

Second level
No load 11.2
Loss 0.6
Loaded 10.60

Is there any scope in these settings to gain any extra flight time ????

Im not asking to run it on the ragged edge but if I can conservatively get some extra time that would be great.

I appreciate any help with this subject....

Darren

Looks like you're getting pretty much exactly what you can/should out of those batts. You could drop your voltages by .1v or maybe .2v at the most, but shouldn't push it more than that. The ideal voltage when testing after flight (5-10min or more) is 11.1v, and you're already very close to that.

I've never seen those batts before, but it looks like they're comfortably delivering the rated capacity or even a pinch more. Do you happen to know the exact weight/dimensions?

Specifications
Length mm 104
Width mm 35
Depth mm 27
Weight (g) 201
Voltage 11.1
Cell Number 3
Discharge Rate 30C Constant
Chemistry LiPo
Burst Discharge 50C (8 seconds)
Compatible With DJI Phantom Quadcopter
Watt Hours (Wh) 32.2

Great, thank you! The size and performance numbers you report seem to indicate they're competitive with other top-performing options in that class.

Still always a good idea to keep an eye on their performance and test every now and then, even the best batts in the world can and do fail unexpectedly sometimes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4