Dual Batteries, but a bit less

Reaction score
My phantom is still in the hangar, but its new goodies are in customs now, so soon I'll be flying again.

Its a Phantom 1.2 and I will have tmotors, vision props, 600mw fatshark, Arris 3000. Decision on gear is not made yet.

My guess is that with current self made gear and stock battery, Gopro3 weight will be around 1230 gram.

A second battery would make it around 1400 gram, probably too heavy, more wear and only slightly increased flight time.

Been looking around a bit and found a zippy battery of 1500mah weighing just 108 gram. (and 9 US$ only) So two of them would be just 46 grams heavier as one stock.

So, total weight would be 1230 + 46 + dual battery mount would be < 1300 grams with 3000 mah on board.

Would that work?

Yah,. think you'll be ok if you can keep the weight down to a minimum. dual big batteries would indeed make it considerably heavy. Have you considered the zippy 2800's?

1230 gram might be a bit conservative of a figure, mine weighed 1290 fully loaded with a stock battery and stock landing gear.

Been considering a lot of things... :shock:

Zippy, Maxamps, Dinogy etc...

2x zippy 1500 would have about the same weight as one 2800 I guess, but with batteries mounted outside it may end up the same flight time...

Maybe 3 zippy 1500's :cool:

I tried dual 2200s with T-Motors and t-Motor Props. Did not like it at all very sluggish. Guess I will stay with single batteries. Seemed to drop when letting off throttle instead of holding position. Have not tried with the Vision props.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj