Dual Antenna Within Range Extender

Reaction score
I was recently told that the two antenna within the PV2+ Range extender were NOT both receiving antenna... that one transmitted the video signal to the phone/tablet. Pretty sure that is not correct but thought I would check here. In the attached image, I have marked the antenna ports A and B. Both Rx? If not, which is which?

Edited. Thx.

Attachments

• range_ext_image.jpg
    range_ext_image.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 683
Thats what I assumed. People said there both for diversity..

I no with the RE it connects to Phantom.. and phone connects to RE.. which is why I thought there diff antennas..

People spend $100s upgrading both antennas and I doubt they would uf my/your theory was right.

Anyways I did testing using my amp and I believe i'm wrong!! Lol

They both seem to be for the phantom/phone to do diversity.. as everyone said..

Anyways do some testing of your own.. and check it out. Perhaps you'll find something...

*edit* reread your post.. what do you mean transmit to remote?? The remore just TX to phantom on 5.8gh... RE is 2.4ghz

My theory was 1 to Phantom and 1 to phone.... diff to what your asking.. sorry on train I should read closer nxt time

The wifi uses the mimo technology.
That means basically the system scans the 2 antennae and picks that one out that has the best rx/tx.
On the wifi extender people use a directional antenna for range and a onmi directional for close by operations.
In the bird you have the same 2 antennae that can be seen true the battery bay.
I currently hold the distance record for a V+ ( flytrex ) with only 1 upgraded antenna on 2.4Ghz and one on 5.8Ghz.
The 2 upgrades were soldered directly to the coax that connects either to the 5.8Ghz RX and 2.4Ghz wifi.
That to minimize loss and weight.
Most use a adapter coax with rp-sma connector witch means you have to use a rp-sma connector on the new antenna also.
Thats ok when testing out different antennae but i clearly made a choice after extensive experimenting.
You don't have to believe me, experimenting is fun so knock your brains out wile pondering.

RE700 range extender is basically a Wifi repeater supporting 802.11N MIMO. P2V+ aircraft Wifi is a typical 802.11N MIMO AP with hidden SSID. MIMO (Multiple-Input Multiple-Output) means both antennas (transceivers TX/RX) transmitting and receiving 2.4G Wifi signal but at different time interval. A key drawback of repeater is cutting the bandwidth at least by half.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20