Du-Bro Tru-Spin Prop Balancer

ryantrax

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
I just got a Du-Bro Tru-Spin prop balancer, Man I love this thing. What is everyone using to balance props?
20160115_225022_zps895fjfar.jpg

My setup:
Du-Bro 499 Tru-Spin Prop Balancer
Du-Bro Products 6mm Quadcopter Prop Balancer Shaft

That is what I use. I ordered the correct 6mm rod for the phantom. Don't use rod that comes with the kit and the clear tube insert trick, since the clear insert is not perfectly centered.
I found that the stock props are real close to balanced.

That is what I use. I ordered the correct 6mm rod for the phantom. Don't use rod that comes with the kit and the clear tube insert trick, since the clear insert is not perfectly centered.
I found that the stock props are real close to balanced.
I've found the same, out of 8 props 3 were slightly out and 1 took a little extra sanding. The rest were perfect.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ryantrax, What you are using here looks great. I noticed while looking at the first link "Du-Bro 499 balancer" it showed 4 shafts, but I was not able to understand if any of those 4 shafts are 6mm. Did you have to purchase the 6mm shaft also?
Yes, sold separately, check the 2nd link on my original post.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: TnHwyman
I use Du-Bro 499 too with 6mm rod.

I had earlier balanced on a glass top with 6 mm rod but that's not perfect. I was surprised how consistent balancing can be done with du-bro 499

I had earlier balanced on a glass top with 6 mm rod but that's not perfect.
I disagree on that one :) I check them against each other just to see . :p

I disagree on that one :) I check them against each other just to see . :p
Problem with the glass / rod is the glass has to be on a perfectly level surface.

Problem with the glass / rod is the glass has to be on a perfectly level surface.
Is there any other way with any of this bro :)

I start by filling the glass up, then after making sure it hold fluids properly I test it 2 more times to be sure.
The ice is optional. :D

bourbon_whiskey_glass.jpg

I use the handle of a #1 Xacto knife. I balance it on the mouth of a Mason jar. My counter top is level in both directions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: dirkclod
DU-BRO makes a Quad copter kit. It includes the 6mm rod instead of the rod for plane props. On their website search 3396 and that kit will pop up. It costs $39.14 on their site. I searched everywhere and nobody carries that kit. They carry the 499 balancer and then you need to order the 6mm rod. Usually $23 (499) $15 (6mm rod). DU-BRO gets you for $5 shipping. Order direct it makes it simple.

DU-BRO makes a Quad copter kit. It includes the 6mm rod instead of the rod for plane props. On their website search 3396 and that kit will pop up. It costs $39.14 on their site. I searched everywhere and nobody carries that kit. They carry the 499 balancer and then you need to order the 6mm rod. Usually $23 (499) $15 (6mm rod). DU-BRO gets you for $5 shipping. Order direct it makes it simple.
They are sold separately on Amazon for $38.08 total ($23.98+$14.10) and free shipping. Got them in 2 days too, plus you get the standard balancing rod too.

If you feel balancing props is an absolutely necessary task, get a good balancer, du-bro is one of the good ones available.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31