DSLRPros Owners

Yes. I am a DSLRPros customer. I have the Sundance kit with upgraded anti gravity motors. When my kit came in I flew it without the gimbal and GoPro as suggested and once I mounted those and connected the Black Pearl I realized my reception on the monitor really stunk. Spoke to customer service and I had to adjust the band and channel on the monitor which really improved. But I was still unhappy. So after doing some research I upgraded my antennas to FPVLR http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=70_61&product_id=97 which came in last week. I have not had an opportunity to test these out yet but I am really looking forward to it. My kit came with the carbon fiber blades but I prefer the factory blades since I do a lot of slow flying and panning. But they're nice to have. Most of the accessories like chargers and things I need I leave in my case and take them with me. The charging bag and prop guards I leave at my house.

Last night I went to charge my GoPro and the video output ribbon broke and I barely touched it! So, I am ordering those ASAP, but besides that I have been very happy. The kit didn't come with much in the way of instructions but I have learned a lot by watching DSLRPro's video, DJI video, this website and DSLRPro's customer service. Have you purchased The Cannes kit? If so, what do you think about the FPV goggles?

I am so glad OverheadAerial you posted.
My kit came with a pair of straight antenna and a pair of mushroom. DSLRPros recommended the straight but in my tests the other one somewhat better although it is heavier. Even more I am interested in your results.

From the very beginning I had a very ugly problem with camera shaking. Wrote to DSLRPros, they said use the other rubber black/white and the other propeller carbon/or white, does not matter because that was not the fix.
The fix was this board:
http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... 1.0_en.pdf

Did they give you this antenna about 8 inches long? What do you do with this?
2014-08-30_a.jpg

And do you have this charger, do you know what is this for?
2014-08-30_b.jpg

Lithium12.6 said:
I am so glad OverheadAerial you posted.
My kit came with a pair of straight antenna and a pair of mushroom. DSLRPros recommended the straight but in my tests the other one somewhat better although it is heavier. Even more I am interested in your results.

From the very beginning I had a very ugly problem with camera shaking. Wrote to DSLRPros, they said use the other rubber black/white and the other propeller carbon/or white, does not matter because that was not the fix.
The fix was this board:
http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... 1.0_en.pdf

Did they give you this antenna about 8 inches long? What do you do with this?
2014-08-30_a.jpg

And do you have this charger, do you know what is this for?
2014-08-30_b.jpg
That "antenna" is the ground station. A quick Google search of dji ground station will give you results. It basically adds autonomous flying to the phantom. The one in the picture is the ground end Tx and the charger is used to charge those LiPo batteries to power that " antenna"

I have a dslrpros sundance kit. The batteries and the lipo charger in the pictures above are also used in/for the Futaba control unit. I don't know if they are a part of the ground unit tx as this was not part of the Sundance kit.

Oh, that what it is. Ground station :idea:
Just to report back it is so reassuring to have feedback on the display.
To know how high it is, how far from me, what direction, battery condition....
This is the best toy I ever had :D

@ Lithium12.6
I notice that your left stick is down. I would have thought that DSLR Pros special edition Futaba 8FG radio would have come with the "self centering spring" installed on your radio's left stick. Was it an option when you ordered from DSLR Pros to have/or not the self centering spring installed?

When I ordered they did not ask me. I also have a Phantom Vision when indeed the radio centers, like it very much.
It is still not a dealbreaker, I can live with it. If you think about to get one I would recommend it. No I don't get a kickback :)

Lithium12.6 said:
When I ordered they did not ask me. I also have a Phantom Vision when indeed the radio centers, like it very much.
It is still not a dealbreaker, I can live with it. If you think about to get one I would recommend it. No I don't get a kickback :)

Thanks for reply, yep I will eventually will get one. Also I found this youtube link if you decide to give the self centering stick a try. The modification using just a phillips screw driver actually looks very easy with and with no parts needed for the Futaba 8FG radio.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpaOrs5Hdl0

Thank you Alec for the link.
I ordered the one with the headset, but I am still not ready to use that, so far I am flying FPV through the monitor.
It is an enormous advantage to see data coming in.
Check out some of the frame from today's flight in San Francisco:

Thank you q8f1,
Finished cutting the first video.
This bridge the San Francisco/Oakland Bridge at one point was the busiest in the world.
It is not one bridge but five. The other side was replaced with a new bridge recently.

Lithium12.6 said:
Thank you Alec for the link.
I ordered the one with the headset, but I am still not ready to use that, so far I am flying FPV through the monitor.
It is an enormous advantage to see data coming in.
Check out some of the frame from today's flight in San Francisco:

Did you pull these stills from the individual video frames or did you set your GoPro to continually shoot stills while video'ing this?

This is a lovely ranch, the view from the porch is outstanding. If it is not a secret, how much do you charge to the real estate agent to produce a video like this?
One of your other video on the radio I see the straight antenna. Did you try the mushroom set?

I have not used any other antenna set/combo yet. As I explained last week, I bought and have received the FPVLR antennas that I am told are some of the best in the business. But my video ribbon on my Zenmuse H3-3D unexpectedly broke last Saturday and I have not had a chance to test my new antennas. The replacement ribbon is supposed to be here today and I am looking forward to flying.

Our video package starts at $1500. But if someone wants specific music, or something different than what comes with the package that price can go up or come down. I've seen others in larger, more affluent cities demand more but in my area this price point works.

I am very anxious to hear the result of those antennas.
I see people flying up to a mile away, I can not do that because I am loosing signal.
The most distance from me was 650 meter that is 2130 ft.

I like to come back straight at me, one reason I want to have footage of the way back, the second is as you know for us it is easy to see which way is back, we only have to position that little diamond in the middle.
BUT when I do that, my antenna is in the other side and the video feed is terrible.

Here is my latest video from San Francisco.
As you can see even today they turn the Cable Car by hand. The Tall Ship is Balclutha, was built in Scotland (1886)
She is being all around the world in her time: New York, Chile, Australia, New Zealand, Burma, Pacific Northwest.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31