DSLRPros.com's new Phantom 2 comparison video

Reaction score
Just noticed this morning that DSLRPros.com uploaded a new video with a comparison of the Phantom 2 and their souped up "ultimate" package .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPubleP4k88

the one thing they failed to mention in their heavy handed attempt to poo poo the new phantom via the "battery charging finale" was THE PRICE difference...and the fact that you could afford to buy about 3 phantom 2's... or a couple dozen new phantom batteries with the money you save buying their ultimate kit... lol

id still love the ultimate kit... but i just found that a bit funny

cc

Look at it from there point of view. They purchased a ton of Phantom 1 units and built a bunch of Ultimate Kits now DJI has come out with the Phantom 2 (which everyone wants) and they are stuck with the Phantom 1 Ultimate Kits filling their warehouse. I'm sure many of those Phantoms they bought at $679. The other issue is that if for whatever reason they do sell out of their Phantom 1 stock, how can they sell any Phantom 2s when they just bashed them.

I sort of look at this video as someone saying "Here is a box of pasta and here is a gourmet lasagna meal." The lasagna is going to look much better but it is also going to cost $25 while the box of pasta is $2 and if you wanted to make the lasagna yourself, you could for another $10.

Ksc said:
Look at it from there point of view. They purchased a ton of Phantom 1 units and built a bunch of Ultimate Kits now DJI has come out with the Phantom 2 (which everyone wants) and they are stuck with the Phantom 1 Ultimate Kits filling their warehouse. I'm sure many of those Phantoms they bought at $679. The other issue is that if for whatever reason they do sell out of their Phantom 1 stock, how can they sell any Phantom 2s when they just bashed them.

I sort of look at this video as someone saying "Here is a box of pasta and here is a gourmet lasagna meal." The lasagna is going to look much better but it is also going to cost $25 while the box of pasta is $2 and if you wanted to make the lasagna yourself, you could for another $10.

GREAT POINT!! hahaha

cc

imagine going to the apple store and them saying "oh these new iPhone 5s things are new and not proven and everyone loves the iPhone 4, you should buy that one instead". The store would go out of business. It makes little to no sense why you would publicly insult a product which is also for sale by you. Seeing as the Phantom 2 is selling like crazy, you would think that they should embrace that and when the hype dies down, push the ultimate kit. Someone in purchasing really mess up there and now they are about to take it on the chin.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1