DSLRpros 8" carbon props

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Week ago I bought DJI Phantom + Zenmuse H3-2D + Hero3 BE. I absolutely love this set. A lot of fun and great moments with it. Its really stable. Theres only one little problem. And this problem only appears when flying ahead. Camera a little bit shakes from left to right. When flying left or fight or behind its OK. So I started to look for some upgades and.make it even more stable. :) So I came across these 8" carbon props from DSLRPros. They look really good and they are identical with original ones.

http://www.dslrpros.com/Products/tabid/ ... roductName

Is here anyone who has any experience with these?
Are Caron fibre props better than original ones for Phantom?

Thank you very much

Carbon props provide more bite because they don't flex, they are better for providing more thrust, so lifting power and agility is enhanced.
The downside is that the quad will be more....what's the word...not unstable, but it will be more fidgety in GPS mode, especially in wind. The stock props allow a little cushioning effect as they flex which helps to null out small variances in turbulence.

marcus_canada said:
Carbon props provide more bite because they don't flex, they are better for providing more thrust, so lifting power and agility is enhanced.
The downside is that the quad will be more....what's the word...not unstable, but it will be more fidgety in GPS mode, especially in wind. The stock props allow a little cushioning effect as they flex which helps to null out small variances in turbulence.

Thank you very much for your explanation. I'll try to order some carbon props and I'll see.
DO you know what causes camera movement when flying ahead? It looks like "first person snake crawling". :)

KajaCZE said:
Hello everyone. Week ago I bought DJI Phantom + Zenmuse H3-2D + Hero3 BE. I absolutely love this set. A lot of fun and great moments with it. Its really stable. Theres only one little problem. And this problem only appears when flying ahead. Camera a little bit shakes from left to right. When flying left or fight or behind its OK. So I started to look for some upgades and.make it even more stable. :) So I came across these 8" carbon props from DSLRPros. They look really good and they are identical with original ones.

http://www.dslrpros.com/Products/tabid/ ... roductName

Is here anyone who has any experience with these?
Are Caron fibre props better than original ones for Phantom?

Thank you very much

I also have a set from DSLRPros, with zenmuse and everything. I find my videos to be extremely shaking. What's going on? I hear someone else on the forum said I should switch the absorbers to the blank one, maybe I should do that? Or maybe my absorbers are just lose? Also, I have the carbon fibre props already. Maybe I need to balance it?

yalag said:
I also have a set from DSLRPros, with zenmuse and everything. I find my videos to be extremely shaking. What's going on? I hear someone else on the forum said I should switch the absorbers to the blank one, maybe I should do that? Or maybe my absorbers are just lose? Also, I have the carbon fibre props already. Maybe I need to balance it?

Absolutely you need to balance your props. Lots of good research on here from The Editor has indicated that the optimal configuration of the rubber dampers is black fore and aft, white on the sides.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2881

Beyond that, you need to figure out what you are seeing. True "shaking" sounds more like you have a loose mount, as the gimbal should mask any twitchy movements in pitch or roll. On the other hand if you're seeing the jello effect, which is what I think what Kaja meant by "first person snake crawling," then you have a prop-balance issue primarily. The Zenmuse will not compensate for that beyond the damping effect from the rubber isolation mounts.

MrMediaGuy said:
[quote="yalag]I also have a set from DSLRPros, with zenmuse and everything. I find my videos to be extremely shaking. What's going on? I hear someone else on the forum said I should switch the absorbers to the blank one, maybe I should do that? Or maybe my absorbers are just lose? Also, I have the carbon fibre props already. Maybe I need to balance it?

Absolutely you need to balance your props. Lots of good research on here from The Editor has indicated that the optimal configuration of the rubber dampers is black fore and aft, white on the sides.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2881

Beyond that, you need to figure out what you are seeing. True "shaking" sounds more like you have a loose mount, as the gimbal should mask any twitchy movements in pitch or roll. On the other hand if you're seeing the jello effect, which is what I think what Kaja meant by "first person snake crawling," then you have a prop-balance issue primarily. The Zenmuse will not compensate for that beyond the damping effect from the rubber isolation mounts.[/quote][/quote]

Oh thank you so much for explanation. I have to try mix the dampers this weekend. Sounds really interesting and logical. Than I am going to buy carbon fibre propellers and hope my "first person snake crawling" issue will be gone. Thanks again. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav