Dropped the hammer

Reaction score
Been reading and researching for quite some time now. Finally purchased a P3 Standard off Amazon. Will be here Wed!! My local State Farm rep quoted $60 a year for full coverage, no deductible. Covers loss, theft and crashes. That will certainly give me piece of mind when flying! Until it arrives, I will continue to read all of the great information here!

Andrew

Reactions: Firecracker-P3
Congrats! Insurance on a P3? This is something I haven't heard of... I personally have a P2 and Inspire and have never thought about insurance. Although I never plan on crashing...

yesssssssssssss. you're gunna dig it

Reactions: sgeiger
Get it in writing. My agent's office called underwriting who said I am covered for liability and theft but no crashes. That was 18 months ago so the coverage may have changed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Congrats! Insurance on a P3? This is something I haven't heard of... I personally have a P2 and Inspire and have never thought about insurance. Although I never plan on crashing...
To be fair, no one ever plans on having a car wreck either haha.

Reactions: Phil56
I checked with my State Farm agent in Michigan a while back and was told only if it was part of a business package.

I went yesterday and got the policy. $60 a year, no deductible, loss, damage and theft. If your local agent says they don't cover you might call the 'main' number. My agent had to call and ask because she was not sure if they could cover them.

State Farm Insurance? What state are you in? I was told no...

I am in Missouri. Yes, State Farm. The drone and my hot rod are the only two things I have with them. I wonder if it is a regional or state variable thing? I believe they said it fell under "personal articles policy"

This is from the State Farm website.

Personal Articles Policy May Cover:
  • Cameras
  • Collectibles (such as dolls, model trains, sports cards, comic books, and stamp and coin collections)
  • Computer equipment and software (personal use only)
  • Fine art (such as oriental rugs and paintings)
  • Furs
  • Hearing aids and medical devices (such as insulin pumps, hearing implants, and artificial eyes and limbs)
  • Jewelry
  • Musical instruments
  • Silverware/goldware
  • Sports equipment

BuickGS, Thanks for the info. I will dig into this further here in Michigan....

My State Farm agent is currently wrapping up my coverage as I type. $60 a year for the same coverage others got. He initially said drones were $2 for every $100 the drone cost but for a personal articles policy $60 is a minimum. He could do this as long as the weight was under 55 lbs and the drone wasn't being used commercially. He actually wanted some info on mine as he's thinking of buying one.

Believe me, it'll give you peace of mind (especially if you lose sight of it) as I've already had some harrowing experiences (my own errors) after just 6-7 flights.

I also contacted State Farm today and was told that the Personal Articles policy does cover drones, but in order to get the policy, I have to have a homeowner's policy with them. I am currently with Allstate that does not offer insurance on drones, but was thinking of switching anyway as Allstate keeps raising my premiums.

Just heard back from my State Farm agent. YES it is available (Michigan).
Here's what they said:

We do have a policy that could cover that as long as it falls under certain criteria.
  1. The drone must be used for hobby or recreational purposes.
  2. The unit must weigh less than 55 pounds to be eligible for coverage.
  3. A copy of the actual purchase documents must be submitted with the application.
  4. Information on the brand and model of the drone and related components is required.
I can put together a quote for you if you would like I would just need the value on it. Thank you!

Glad you guys kept posting that it was available!
Thanks... :)

Reactions: BuickGS
I also confirmed with local (Ft. Worth, TX) State Farm agent that insurance is available, $60 just like everyone else said, does cover loss, damage and theft with no deductible. In addition to the above requirements, was told that the camera had to be attached to the drone at time of purchase, which P3 is, otherwise if added after, the policy would only cover the actual camera. Will be signing up if I decide to go with the auto and h/o.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers