Dropped Remote, Right Scroll Wheel Not Working (Solved)

Reaction score
I dropped my remote and now it has come loose on one side. I know there are videos about taking the remote apart but I cannot find them. Anyone had this happen to them and how did you fix it? Thanks.

I dropped my remote and now it has come loose on one side. I know there are videos about taking the remote apart but I cannot find them. Anyone had this happen to them and how did you fix it? Thanks.
Gaffers tape, if it still works...?

This video will show you how to take it apart.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I found out tonight that my right scroll wheel and buttons did not work. Using the above mentioned video and this one, I got my controller opened and discovered two small ribbon cables that had become disconnected. They plugged in easily and all was well again. I did unscrew the small board that holds the USB plug and I also unplugged the small ribbon cables on the side so I could plug in the larger cable that was unplugged earlier. The smaller cables also have a rigid plastic tab to inserting into the connector.

I have to give DJI props, so far I have opened the Phantom to fix a gimbal cable and the controller to fix this issue and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Don't be nervous about doing repairs yourself. Taking your time, watching YouTube, and reading this forum, I think most repairs can be done at home. I also take a lot of pictures and keep the screws labeled in small Ziploc bags.

Hope this helps someone else if their controller stops working when/if you drop it.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20