Dropped my battery on pavement. Safe to even try to use it?

Reaction score
My battery fell from my backpack on campus yesterday and fell like 5 feet onto pavement. Is it ok to even try and test it out? I have a multi tester if there's any way I can use that to check something too but I'm not all that familiar with it. The battery seems ok and the lights work and all, but I'm worried about the fall it took.

Same here i dropped a battery and has a small crack on plastic its not swelling at all and i discharged it and charged it but i just dont think its worth the risk for me. But long as it all looks ok to you i think ur fine

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Seems ok so far. I hovered to 70% and made sure voltage and all the cells were consistent, then went to 100 back down then 300 back down and no fluctuation in the cells or differences in flight. As far as scratches, it also seems the thick end of the exposed part of the battery with the lights got the impact right on the corner

Seems ok so far. I hovered to 70% and made sure voltage and all the cells were consistent, then went to 100 back down then 300 back down and no fluctuation in the cells or differences in flight. As far as scratches, it also seems the thick end of the exposed part of the battery with the lights got the impact right on the corner
I can relate! I had a battery that got left on top of the car about a week ago when shooting Tehachapi Loop. It slid of the car as I accelerated past 60mph getting on the freeway. Oh man, $150 out the door, literally! I went back an got it, but it's got a good sized dent in the battery corner, not safe at all. However it works when I push the button, lights up with 4 LEDs. I'm not going to use it of course, so I took it apart to see what's inside (that's just me, curious). Lots of components inside on two PCBs. It's a pretty impressive design.

If the battery is showing equal charges for all the cell, you might take calculated risk and use it but need to monitor from time to time if all is going on well.

Glad it's working! :)

Reactions: bobmyers
Put about 2 miles on it today and it did really well. I'll just be keeping a close eye on this battery while I'm using it

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj