Dropped Dead mid flight

The 74 .dat does not look to me like the right log. I decoded the .txt and to me it looks like it was not a CSC, compass, GPS, or battery related issue....need the .dat to dig deeper...everytime you turn it on it creates a file and the size of the file is proportionate to the length of your flight, so maybe you can look at the file size for the flights before and how many times you turned it on after....you can post a few if you like as well....

The 74 .dat does not look to me like the right log. I decoded the .txt and to me it looks like it was not a CSC, compass, GPS, or battery related issue....need the .dat to dig deeper...everytime you turn it on it creates a file and the size of the file is proportionate to the length of your flight, so maybe you can look at the file size for the flights before and how many times you turned it on after....you can post a few if you like as well....
Thanks friend, got to go back and look again.

I plotted out the yaw angle of the gimbal and the altitude to see which changed first and it looks like it was the gimbal, which to me supports maybe impact. Will need the .dat to check the accelerometers of the aircraft and motor responses to see which occurred first...

gimbalyaw.png

looking at the video it looks like maybe it was hit by something...Any impact marks?
No impact mark at all, darn thing looks showroom? Well except for a broken prop still on and the gimbal messed up. No structural damage. I guessing it went in about 2 feet of water, waves in and out. One broken prop on impact and messed up camera. Btw camera still works.

Last edited:
Yea it kinda looks like that but I sure couldn't see any birds anywhere. Maybe a ufo.

I swear it looks like some hit that left front rotor? I realize we're seeing the arm come down, but isn't that strange?

2199547d627b7254089524bd2e3c83a1.jpg
118b5783d79bf789212990422351cca1.jpg
c0957650e0d90a685fd1c679ba18e0ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was able to get the right .dat file from Seattle. It looks like a problem with the front left propeller. Seattle reports all the props were on and one was damaged, was it the front left prop (I think so)? Below is a plot of motor command and speed versus altitude:

motorspeedvsaltitude.png

You can see that both the command and actual speed increase, this is what we have seen in the past for a losing a prop but the same thing would happen if it was damaged. If the motor stopped, the command would increase and the speed would go to zero. Another way to confirm is to look at the motor speed versus motor load which is below:

motorspeedvsload.png

Without the prop's resistance the speed goes up while the load goes down. It also causes the Phantom to yaw and start falling.

Seattle,

I am curious about the front left prop and also I wouldn't let this stop you from contacting DJI....

Last edited:
Reactions: BudWalker
Here is a playback of the last part of the flight using @Luap dashware profile all made possible by @BudWalker dat convertor tool.

And the same thing with Seattle's video...might be slightly out of sync but it takes my computer 15 minutes to create this video...I was trying to make the video a smaller part of the screen but couldn't figure it out...

Reactions: Mediacj
Here is a playback of the last part of the flight using @Luap dashware profile all made possible by @BudWalker dat convertor tool.

And the same thing with Seattle's video...might be slightly out of sync but it takes my computer 15 minutes to create this video...I was trying to make the video a smaller part of the screen but couldn't figure it out...

Wow you guys are amazing!!!! I have attached a picture of the prop, notice the mud mark on the broken end. It was right next to the craft?

Attachments

• P2050019.JPG
    P2050019.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 415
@Seattle ,
Earlier I had looked at FLY074, see post #49 above. It hurt my program and I'm taking it personally;). Seriously, what was this "flight"? The .DAT didn't have any values for relativeHeight but the motors were started and the P3 did move. This "can't" happen. Looked like it moved farther than you would have carried.

@Seattle ,
Earlier I had looked at FLY074, see post #49 above. It hurt my program and I'm taking it personally;). Seriously, what was this "flight"? The .DAT didn't have any values for relativeHeight but the motors were started and the P3 did move. This "can't" happen. Looked like it moved farther than you would have carried.

I spent some more time looking at FLY074 and I think it was after the crash to check the motors. Looks like he did an autotakeoff with no props on and then revved the throttle a couple times and then turned the battery off while the motors were still spinning...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj