Drop in price?

To be honest I'm not sure how they determine how they came to that price. I had seen the P4 batteries for much less but with the price they gave me for the p4p I couldn't pass it up. The only downside to this deal is that if there is a drastic price drop in the p4p it would have to drop below $1261 for me to take advantage of the price protection. All in all I felt it was a solid deal. I look at it like buying the latest greatest pc. If you want what's hot you have to pay and understand that in a year it's going to be half the price.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I didn't realize that BB could make up their own bundle prices. There won't be any drastic price reduction below $1261 because no one else has ever sold one at that price. If you can split off the P4 batteries and return them, buy some P4P's instead, and return the P4's for the small difference in price. 3 minues may not seem like a lot, but it can be huge, when Icarus has gone too far, and needs just 3 minutes more to make it back! :eek: If your subject is 10 minutes away, 20 minutes round trip means that 3 minutes more could double your shooting time at your destination! You can never have too much battery power, but you may often wish you had more! :cool:

Reactions: cneedelman
Wow shows as $1335 for me right now. Dang! Anyone want me to buy you one?? ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 232
Is everyone aware that all the Phantoms are no longer in production? There is stock out there. But either DJI is getting ready for the P5 or they are dropping the line for the newer/supposed better Mavik line. (And if the P5 is ready to be released,....why drop the P3 - P4 models?)

Is everyone aware that all the Phantoms are no longer in production? There is stock out there. But either DJI is getting ready for the P5 or they are dropping the line for the newer/supposed better Mavik line. (And if the P5 is ready to be released,....why drop the P3 - P4 models?)
If this is the case that the Phantom 4 and the 4pro are no longer being manufactured then the ones advertised are all that is left. I live in Australia and there appears to be a large number of these models available here. I fly a Phantom 4 without any hiccups or failures and would like a Phantom 4pro, however the prices here are far to high.
What would you and the Forum suggest is my best purchase option. We cant buy from amazon as they will not post to Australia.

I'm looking to buy but wary of anything refurbished. Anybody have any experience buying this way?
I'm sure for the most part everyone has good luck with these. However, I purchased a P4 refurbished only to have it arrive defective. It kept giving me the dreaded ESC code. The motors wouldn't even fire up. I'm sure this has to do with the fact that I'm cursed and everyone else is blessed. This happened about a month ago. I immediately sent the drone back. I did receive and email earlier this week stating I'll get a refund. So I purchased a brand new P4 off ebay today. I'd love to own the P4P but I'm waiting until the price hits $1,200 delivered to my door. In the mean time the brand new P4 will have to do!

I think that's only for the P3. DJI is only selling the standard in the P3 series. They just recently released the P4P so I doubt the entire phantom line is discontinued. Besides, if the Mavic is the only direction DJI is going, you'd think it would be top of the line but yet it's price point is lower than the P4, or at least it was until recently.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think that's only for the P3. DJI is only selling the standard in the P3 series. They just recently released the P4P so I doubt the entire phantom line is discontinued. Besides, if the Mavic is the only direction DJI is going, you'd think it would be top of the line but yet it's price point is lower than the P4, or at least it was until recently.

They are only going to discontinue the Phantom 4, not the Phantom 4 Pro or Pro +

I didn't see they were discontinuing the P4. DJI is still selling them.
I thought P4P and P4P+ was synonymous, particularly since I can't see a different purchase option for the two.
I don't like the idea of being locked down to their display device, particularly when it is only 5.6"

Given that DJI seems barely able to maintain adequate production of the P4P and Mavic it doesn't seem surprising that they would drop older models. Why devote limited production and support capacity to older and less expensive models when they are selling all the P4Ps and Mavics they can make.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31