Dronexpert 1st flight, windy

Reaction score
I'm one of those who ordered the Dronexpert gimbal in the mist of the gimbal debate. Stayed with the Dronexpert because of delivery time and plug and play capability.
Took a little over 4 weeks and 3 days shipping from New Foundland to the US. Every easy to install.

Here's a short video I took in heavy winds http://youtu.be/6ug1mq0M72E

I'm happy with the results and hoping I don't crash anytime soon to test it's durability ( that might be questionable).

I personally think that you were very lucky to fly in wind coditions such as you had, this copter could have been flipped over by a good gust and you would be picking up the pieces,,,,after saying that the gimbal did a great job of stabilizing .

Be careful with your drone and specially with the Dronexpert gimbal. Unfortunately I think you will notice sooner or later that DE-gimbal is made from very brittle material, so even the slightly rough landing can break the 3D-printed material used on it. I have been forced to make some supporting structures into my own DE-gimbal, but I really think they should have made it from much more durable material in the first place.

If you can keep it in one piece it will work quite nicely. Too bad it is so easy to break it into pieces.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20