Drones to Fly at Superbowl Halftime Show

Nice... Hopefully you can sneak your drone in their and get some footage then fly out and sell them to the press [emoji6]

Neon Euc

Reactions: QuadcopterCrazy
It would be interesting to know more of their logistics. The report said they had to get FAA approval since this game has a NF TFR around the field. Did they also get a waiver to allow a pilot to fly more than one drone at a time or did they get over 100 pilots? A lot of interesting things that violate 107 rules like flying over people? Any thoughts or inside info would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It would be interesting to know more of their logistics. The report said they had to get FAA approval since this game has a NF TFR around the field. Did they also get a waiver to allow a pilot to fly more than one drone at a time or did they get over 100 pilots? A lot of interesting things that violate 107 rules like flying over people? Any thoughts or inside info would be appreciated.

Intel Lights Up the Night with 500 'Shooting Star' Drones

If the roof is closed it's indoors, No?
Seems like an easy possible loophole.
But with all the $s involved, there's any number of ways to get it professionally produced.

Fireworks are illegal in Fla (and elsewhere) but twice a year they are used.... Professionally.

And there you have it... opened the roof just for her!

Cool drone show... almost looked double speed, if they actually formed and reformed that fast I'd love to know the logistics!

They opened the roof so with that it would have made the waiver easier to get. I don't think you can get a waiver for flying a public event over people? Can you? I checked the METAR and there was no cloud issue. Very exiting for the drone industry and the next generations is born.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Think about it....It's the Super Bowl! Do you honestly think that they would have any issue dealing with legalities to pull this off? The half time show is a professionally staged performance being done by professionals. At last years LA Auto Show we did a reveal of a new model of Infinity inside a warehouse in LA's chinatown using 30 custom built drones. They were basically 2' x 3' x 2' flying spandex boxes that started out as white bricks in a wall that blocked the view of the car. We were projecting video on the white wall and on cue, the drones started up and one by one they flew away until the car was revealed. The drones each had their own pilot and it was done by a company that specializes in custom drones for production purposes.

I am sure that the half time show stuff was rehearsed a thousand times and multiple safe guards, wherever possible, were put in place. Stuff like that is done all the time.

Anybody see the last Muse tour? Officially called the Muse Drones Tour. Lots of drones over people's heads used in very cool ways.

Fox news just reported that the drone scenes were filmed last week because of flight restrictions. If that's true, I'm surprised we didn't hear anything from Atlanta about the lights in the sky...

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Fox news just reported that the drone scenes were filmed last week because of flight restrictions. If that's true, I'm surprised we didn't hear anything from Atlanta about the lights in the sky...

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Got a link for that? Every report that I have seen mentioned that Intel had received special 107 waivers from the FAA for the airspace around NRG stadium. Like this one.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic