drones to be banned in Thailand

I just got mine in december and doing a short trip to krabi in march, was planning on making some great footage there :(

Can someone please tell me what the status is of this legislation? I'm planning on making drone footage of the Birma Death Railway (Thailand side) for an art project!

I own a business in Thailand doing Aerial Photography :(

Waiting to see what the actual new regulations will be before I panic too much.

"Under the new regulations, which are currently being drafted by the Civil Aviation Department, drones carrying cameras will only be permitted for use by the mass media or film making industry."

Can someone please tell me what the status is of this legislation? I'm planning on making drone footage of the Birma Death Railway (Thailand side) for an art project!

If I were truly concerned I'd get in contact with Thai authorities such as thru the U.S Embassy, etc. rather than a chat forum.

If I were truly concerned I'd get in contact with Thai authorities such as thru the U.S Embassy, etc. rather than a chat forum.
Thanks for the tip, got in touch with the Thai Embassy in the Hague (Netherlands), here's what they said:

Dear Sir,

Please contact the office of custom regarding taking drone into Thailand.
Office of Customs - สถานเอกอัครราชทูต ณ กรุงเฮก

For the film permit, please contact the Thailand film office directly that the permit is required or not in your case.
http://www.thailandfilmoffice.org/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=1&Itemid=30&lang=en

Kind regards,
Thai Embassy

I think I'm going to apply for a permit, hopefully they think it won't be necessary because it's a student/art project and I'm only going to film for 1 day in the middle of the jungle :)
Will keep you updated.

Attachments

• APPLICATION FORM FOR FILMING IN THAILAND (1).pdf
    142.1 KB · Views: 369
Thanks for the tip, got in touch with the Thai Embassy in the Hague (Netherlands), here's what they said:

Dear Sir,

Please contact the office of custom regarding taking drone into Thailand.
Office of Customs - สถานเอกอัครราชทูต ณ กรุงเฮก

For the film permit, please contact the Thailand film office directly that the permit is required or not in your case.
Thailand Film office

Kind regards,
Thai Embassy

I think I'm going to apply for a permit, hopefully they think it won't be necessary because it's a student/art project and I'm only going to film for 1 day in the middle of the jungle :)
Will keep you updated.

Cool.
Shouldn't have assumed you were in the U.S.
Good Luck to you.

Thats law was back in 2015 - pretty sure they have introduced regulations similar to other countries ie not near airports/restricted areas etc but dont quote me on it :)

Thats law was back in 2015 - pretty sure they have introduced regulations similar to other countries ie not near airports/restricted areas etc but dont quote me on it :)

DroneLaw.in Thailand

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic