Drones on a leash?

Reaction score
From TED (intro blurb):
"Let's admit it: aerial photo drones and UAVs are a little creepy, and they come with big regulatory and safety problems. But aerial photos can be a powerful way of telling the truth about the world: the size of a protest, the spread of an oil spill, the wildlife hidden in a delta. Sergei Lupashin demos Fotokite, a nifty new way to see the world from on high, safely and under control."

http://www.ted.com/talks/sergei_lupashin_a_flying_camera_on_a_leash

I was going to attach my phantom to one of my fishing rods to enable to take pictures of my house and just to make sure it did not fly away as i have a big mobile antenna right beside me .
And the amount of fly-away's occuring may be it aint such a bad idea in certain surcumstances better safe than sorry .

Direwolf said:
My "drone" will Never be tethered to a Leash!
It would put it beyond the reach of the FAA. Tethered aircraft are exempt from all regulations.

i can see it now..somebody uses this technique over a football Stadium and when the cops come he says..no way its legal!
hop boy.

"Tethered aircraft are exempt from all regulations."

So something as simple as fish line would count as "Tethered"?

Hmmmmmmm.

I've always thought, that If you could run a current through a thin enough line you could just permanently fly it. Lol

Fun to talk about but all kinds of stupid to employ.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers