Drones in Uganda

Ok i see, i m going to Uganda in July, when and where are you travelling ?
I will let you know about my experiences.
I m just waiting a confirmation about Kenya airways , if it's ok I m bringing it in Uganda. I would love video this area .
I m going in September, I will visit Murchison Falls, Kibale NP, Queen Elizabeth NP and Bwindi NP.
Where are you travelling in Uganda?

I m going in September, I will visit Murchison Falls, Kibale NP, Queen Elizabeth NP and Bwindi NP.
Where are you travelling in Uganda?

I m visiting the same places than you and then I cross the border and go to Rwanda fews days in the volcanos NP.
I would like to use my drone in murchison falls and also in the queen elizabeth.
I will let you know after my trip :)

I m visiting the same places than you and then I cross the border and go to Rwanda fews days in the volcanos NP.
I would like to use my drone in murchison falls and also in the queen elizabeth.
I will let you know after my trip :)

Using the drone for the volcanos NP would be epic.

Yes for sure I will try to do it :)

and an easy one for a Phantom. One time I flew to the center of an active volcano with the Mavic, she handled it pretty good.

Where have you been ?
About Uganda i will bring it with me in my check in bagage .. I landing at 3am , I hope they will be tired and won't scan or check my bag :)

Where have you been ?
About Uganda i will bring it with me in my check in bagage .. I landing at 3am , I hope they will be tired and won't scan or check my bag :)
When will you be arriving?

I'm already here in Kampala, Uganda and thinking of asking my friend to bring my Mavic Pro into Uganda through checked in baggage.

Can I do that?

When will you be arriving?

I'm already here in Kampala, Uganda and thinking of asking my friend to bring my Mavic Pro into Uganda through checked in baggage.

Can I do that?

I m travelling in Uganda and Rwanda in July.
You have to ask at the airline if your friend can check in the drone or not.
But usually the drone has to be in the check in baggage and the battery with you in your hand baggae.
let me know if you friend come with your mavic pro.
How long are you staying in Uganda ?

I m travelling in Uganda and Rwanda in July.
You have to ask at the airline if your friend can check in the drone or not.
But usually the drone has to be in the check in baggage and the battery with you in your hand baggae.
let me know if you friend come with your mavic pro.
How long are you staying in Uganda ?

I'm asking him to put the whole bag into his check-in luggage including the batteries.

I don't want to trouble him to bring the batteries seperately.

Yes, it is a mavic pro

I'm staying till 10th June but maybe extend till 30th june

But usually the drone has to be in the check in baggage and the battery with you in your hand baggage
Most airlines have no worry about bringing the drone on as carry-on luggage.
It does not have to be checked in.
I'm asking him to put the whole bag into his check-in luggage including the batteries.

I don't want to trouble him to bring the batteries separately.
You are likely to get your friend in a lot more trouble doing that.
No airline allows spare lithium batteries in checked luggage.
They have to be in carry-on luggage.
Go to your airline's website and search for Lithium or Batteries to see their rules.

I don't want to trouble him to bring the batteries seperately.

Yes, it is a mavic pro

I'm staying till 10th June but maybe extend till 30th june

You shouldn't check in the battery.
Have a look at this link : www.iata.org/dangerousgoods
They explain to you what you can carry and what ou have to check in..

i have 3 batteries in total.

can I just let 1 battery attached to the drone and 2 more in hand-carry bag?
will that work?

I have read different things about it .
The best it's to ask at the airline.
In my case I take only 2 batteries in my hand bagages and no battery attached to the drone.

I have read different things about it .
The best it's to ask at the airline.
In my case I take only 2 batteries in my hand bagages and no battery attached to the drone.

The drone is on the way now and I bring only 1 battery to avoid the hassle. Pray for me.

I pray for you
Let me know when you receive it and how did you manage with the custom :)
Good luck

guys! the drone has arrived. no one even bother to ask anything even went through the scanner. I believe maybe Mavic Pro does not looks like typical drone which is big

the drone was in my friend's hand carry with the battery attached to it. I asked him to leave the 2 additional batteries in Malaysia. I guess I can live with only 1 battery here in Uganda.

Live in Uganda. Drones are now not allowed since some idiot decide to fly one into the presidential compound or something like that. If you X-ray your bags at the airport the will keep it till you leave you can pick it up when you leave. If they don't X-ray your bags you can the bring it in and fly it. Most local police don't now they are and are usally man more curious don't think they know they are not allowed. Also if you fly them in local game parks you need a special 200$ camera permit.

what do you think if i fly outside kampala like in Jinja or something like that?

guys! the drone has arrived. no one even bother to ask anything even went through the scanner. I believe maybe Mavic Pro does not looks like typical drone which is big

the drone was in my friend's hand carry with the battery attached to it. I asked him to leave the 2 additional batteries in Malaysia. I guess I can live with only 1 battery here in Uganda.

Whaou that's great !! With which airline your friend flew ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr