Drones in Hawaii

Reaction score
Have just booked a holiday in January to head over to Hawaii for the first time (from Australia)..
Thinking of possibly taking the P3 Adv over, however I am unaware of the laws in the States and Hawaii.
Is it worth it, or is it too restricted?

Cheers

You'll just need to make sure you register with the FAA here before flying. You can do that once you arrive in Hawaii.

Also check out the state parks you are allowed to fly in. You will get amazing shots though. You must stay out of national parks as well.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: pilot ss
Hi All

First time poster long time lurker.

Didnt want to start a new thread as something similar really.

Will be travelling to the USA/ Florida from the UK for the Christmas period. Would love to take my pro. So here come the questions...

1. Can I take it? Flying with Delta and Virgin. Manchester to Orlando Via Atlanta. Any issues with security at those airports? And I guess the following question are if it is allowed.
2. Staying Clearwater area and Orlando area. Can anyone suggest some nice spots to film? And spots which are a definite no no,

Thanks in advance
Simon

Great footage!!! What camera settings / resolution did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a like thread started within the general section, "Traveling to Maui", you may want to checkout some of the feedback there.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Can anyone point out some places that offer great aerial footage in Honolulu?
Does the B4UFLY app display ALL areas that youre not allowed to fly in (including national parks?)
I am having trouble with the app as I am not yet in Hawaii. Does it display a bubble using GPS of where you cannot fly?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31