Drones for less.co.uk

I looked but felt it all looked a bit "start up". I know you have to start somewhere but it isn't very reassuring. When you are buying small value items then it's fine to go with the untested but when you are about to spend many hundreds of pounds it's very hard to have faith in the unknown. Not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked out this company. The site is registered to an address in America or Canada (can't remember now). I used Google Street View and the address is the site of a UPS office. Went with drones direct in the end.

Here you go. Dodgy.

Attachments

• 1464109794007.jpg
    1464109794007.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,381
They seemed good to be me. I paid £750 for the advanced with extra battery and case. Got the phantom and battery the next day but waiting for case to come into stock.
I was tempted to go with Amazon but with battery and case it would have been over £800.

For all those asking the same question, we take pride in providing the best prices and we have the service to back it up as well. So @Diggerrus you sure can order from dronesdirect but expect to pay 10-20% more

Anyone who purchased from us i very happy

I ordered a P4PRO bundle with hard-shell case from DronesforLess online on Monday 3rd April. It looked like a London-based outfit as it had an 02- 'phone number. I actually spoke to them (to an agent with an American accent) on Tuesday morning. He advised me that the items were all in stock (I'd also ordered an extra 'Pro' battery and a set of carbon-fibre propeller blades). He also assured me that delivery would be within their stipulated 5-7 working days.

I was surprised to receive an email from DHL later in the day to advise that the consignment had been despatched. I was further surprised to see that the goods were currently in New York. However, just 37 hours later, at 1.00pm today, a large package was delivered to my door! And I'd gone for their free standard delivery... express delivery being an extra £40 or so.

I have yet to open the P4PRO carton, but it's a new DJI-sealed box with Serial No. label etc. on the outside - exactly as my P4 was last autumn (that was not bought from DronesforLess, I can't remember the vendor's name, but it was a similar cut-price deal).

The hard-shell case looks excellent, the extra items were all there, and in addition were a set of landing leg-guard things which I hadn't ordered and was not charged-for, so a nice little "thank you for your order" bonus. And as the charger's mains cable will have a US plug, also included was an extra cable with UK 13A plug.

I am agog with admiration and praise for DronesforLess' performance, customer-concern and price. The hard-shell case bundle cost just £1250 all-in - lightning fast transatlantic shipping included. And couriers don't come much better than DHL!

I will certainly deal with DronesforLess again for I am over the moon with their speed and sheer professionalism. One very minor caveat; as they are based outside the UK, there is no VAT levied, so for any VAT Registered purchasers, input tax cannot be recovered. Thus it would be more costly than it first appeared if the assumption was made that recoverable VAT was included.

I attach a screen-capture of the shipping schedule.

Now to sell the P4, PolarPro filters et al!

Tony.

DHL Tracking for P4PRO.png

Hello, I am looking to buy a P3A in the UK. Has anybody dealt with www.dronesforless.co.uk they have some great deals are they ok to deal with?

Hi, I recently bought a Mavic Pro from Drones for Less. Their website suggests they're in London but they are in New York. Not a massive problem but I would have preferred to have known before I ordered.

The Mavic arrived 5 days after ordering and immediately I was suspicious of it. The box was a bit beaten up and certain items were missing from the box including spare props, the iPhone controller lead and most importantly the gimbal brace. Because it had been shipped without the brace the gimbal connection cable had snapped/come loose meaning that the gimbal didn't work.. at all.

I eventually got through to customer service after leaving messages with no response and they agreed to issue a full refund upon the item being returned. They did send me prepaid DHL labels to ship it back to them (but only after 3/4 days of me calling them).

Three weeks after the drone being back in NY and they were ignoring all messages and emails regarding my refund. I was cc'd in a few emails but not one direct response. In the end, I decided to recover my money through the PayPal dispute system. This took a week and I've now recovered the initial cost of the drone.

Their customer service is shockingly bad and they're passing off shop soiled/used (not sure which) items as new. Personally, I wouldn't touch this company with a barge pole. Spend the extra £100 and buy one from the Apple store or a respected UK based outfit.

For all those asking the same question, we take pride in providing the best prices and we have the service to back it up as well. So @Diggerrus you sure can order from dronesdirect but expect to pay 10-20% more

Anyone who purchased from us i very happy

The way you guys treated my case was nothing short of disgusting. Ignored to the point where the only way to seek recompense was via the PayPal dispute mechanism. Total lack of professionalism and customer support. Not one apology or explanation as to why I was sent a used/damaged item.

My experience with Drones for Less has been far from a positive experience. I ordered a Mavic Pro Combo pack and a Osmo Pro. The parcel arrived very quickly, but was missing 3 items. I was promised they would be sent out but they have failed to arrive. I have tried contacting their customer service department and what a waste of time that has proven. From my experience, they were very quick to take my £3,000 but have failed miserable in sending all the equipment and not returning any messages. Personally I would avoid this company like the plague.

Avoid. This company is USA based and a risk to buy from. Their small discounts are not worth the effort and stress.
I have full documentation to support this review.

On 15th Aug I ordered a £315 Nikon dslr camera from dronesforless.co.uk. The website had a soho, London address and a London phone number. I paid through PayPal and received confirmation from PayPal and dronesforless.co.uk plus an email from someone called peter asking me to call regarding the order.
I called and was talking to either Americans or canadians. Peter wanted to sell me batteries. I asked to cancel the order - I didn't want to buy from overseas as the £25 saving was not worth the wait, possible import problems (I've had issues with anything containing batteries at customs before), complicated returns, warranties, non uk plugs etc... I had called peter within a few hours of placing the order and was put through to Jessica. She confirmed my cancellation and said I would receive an email. I didn't so 3 calls to her later in the day (UK evening because this company doesn't start till 2pm GMT so I assume they are on the east coast - no one was prepared to tell me the real address) I was put through to Angela who again confirmed my order was cancelled and sent me 2 cancellation confirmations from her personal hotmail account before finally sending me one from dronesforless. She confirmed that I would be refunded within 24 hours - the billing manager was out of the office.

On the 16th support for drones for less confirmed my cancellation by email and said I would receive a full refund within "a few business days".

On the 17th I received an email saying the camera had been despatched and was given a tracking number. The number didn't exist. I called and spoke to Jessica again who said it was a system error and my cancellation was confirmed but she couldn't be sure because a packing label had been printed. Perhaps when the camera arrived I could return it and ask for a refund? Now very concerned that I would ever see my money back or a camera for that matter, on the 18th I opened a dispute with PayPal and dronesforless responded that when they got the camera back they would refund me. The tracking number was now showing but as not despatched.

I emailed the courier, globegistics who replied on 23rd that they were not in receipt of any package for the tracking number given to me. I emailed dronesforless who said when they get the camera back - which clearly had never been despatched in the first place - they will refund me. I escalated the case with PayPal. At this point dronesforless emailed me saying they would refund me if I closed the dispute... hmmmm yes I'm that stupid. I replied saying if I closed the dispute I would no longer be protected by PayPal. Dronesforless replied and said don't talk to us anymore talk to paypal ha ha strop or what?

Finally on 12th Sept, nearly a month later, PayPal agreed with me and forced a refund.

Dronesforless uk website is a front they are not based in the UK and do not distribute form the UK. They are disorganised & incompetent and it's a major problem to get a refund. It's all well and good them claiming that paying by PayPal or credit card protects you but only if you want a lot of agro and are prepared to wait a month until they are forced to act.

Finally (after Curry's took my order and money and 6 days later emailed to say they were out of stock) I bought it from Argos online, manufacturer sealed with a discount voucher which meant the price difference was only £20 more for the upgraded bluetooth model and collected it the same day. Lesson well and truly learnt. I only wanted to buy a camera and was involved a month long charade. Why?

I waited until I had my refund to post this review because had read others saying dronesforless were refusing to refund until a bad one was removed. This may explain their astonishingly high rating :(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1