Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Drones for less.co.uk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Diggerrus, May 23, 2016.

1. Diggerrus

Hello, I am looking to buy a P3A in the UK. Has anybody dealt with www.dronesforless.co.uk they have some great deals are they ok to deal with?

2. gavcuk

I looked but felt it all looked a bit "start up". I know you have to start somewhere but it isn't very reassuring. When you are buying small value items then it's fine to go with the untested but when you are about to spend many hundreds of pounds it's very hard to have faith in the unknown. Not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Diggerrus

That's what I thought, but the prices are keen....

4. gr1340

I checked out this company. The site is registered to an address in America or Canada (can't remember now). I used Google Street View and the address is the site of a UPS office. Went with drones direct in the end.

5. gr1340

6. gr1340

Here you go. Dodgy.

Attached Files:

7. Diggerrus

Drones direct look like a good option.

8. gr1340

They seemed good to be me. I paid £750 for the advanced with extra battery and case. Got the phantom and battery the next day but waiting for case to come into stock.
    I was tempted to go with Amazon but with battery and case it would have been over £800.

9. DronesForLess

For all those asking the same question, we take pride in providing the best prices and we have the service to back it up as well. So @Diggerrus you sure can order from dronesdirect but expect to pay 10-20% more

Anyone who purchased from us i very happy

10. Teejay41

I ordered a P4PRO bundle with hard-shell case from DronesforLess online on Monday 3rd April. It looked like a London-based outfit as it had an 02- 'phone number. I actually spoke to them (to an agent with an American accent) on Tuesday morning. He advised me that the items were all in stock (I'd also ordered an extra 'Pro' battery and a set of carbon-fibre propeller blades). He also assured me that delivery would be within their stipulated 5-7 working days.

I was surprised to receive an email from DHL later in the day to advise that the consignment had been despatched. I was further surprised to see that the goods were currently in New York. However, just 37 hours later, at 1.00pm today, a large package was delivered to my door! And I'd gone for their free standard delivery... express delivery being an extra £40 or so.

I have yet to open the P4PRO carton, but it's a new DJI-sealed box with Serial No. label etc. on the outside - exactly as my P4 was last autumn (that was not bought from DronesforLess, I can't remember the vendor's name, but it was a similar cut-price deal).

The hard-shell case looks excellent, the extra items were all there, and in addition were a set of landing leg-guard things which I hadn't ordered and was not charged-for, so a nice little "thank you for your order" bonus. And as the charger's mains cable will have a US plug, also included was an extra cable with UK 13A plug.

I am agog with admiration and praise for DronesforLess' performance, customer-concern and price. The hard-shell case bundle cost just £1250 all-in - lightning fast transatlantic shipping included. And couriers don't come much better than DHL!

I will certainly deal with DronesforLess again for I am over the moon with their speed and sheer professionalism. One very minor caveat; as they are based outside the UK, there is no VAT levied, so for any VAT Registered purchasers, input tax cannot be recovered. Thus it would be more costly than it first appeared if the assumption was made that recoverable VAT was included.

I attach a screen-capture of the shipping schedule.

Now to sell the P4, PolarPro filters et al!

Tony.

DHL Tracking for P4PRO.png