drones etc

Reaction score
be aware that drones etc makes you pay for returns even if the problem is out of the box - what? Just like all other dji distributors - if you fly it once then too bad, so sad. I sold my P2V locally and instantly and wont give drones etc anymore of my money. I really, really want a fully working and fully supported UAV but communist dji sells a defective product and is going to have a heck of a time dealing with us courts. The sw is late, I wouldn't want it before its ready, but they either have bad project management or know more than they are telling because the sw updates for ground station is late, sw for battery issues on P2 hasn't been released and they don't seem to know when they are going to release. I think it is bait and switch and the injunction is not helping. Can they survive until August? I doubt it. Oh well have my $1200 in my pocket and will buy a UAV someday.

Bill_Burkert said:
Just like all other dji distributors - if you fly it once then too bad, so sad.

Erm, plenty of reports on these and other forums of dealers swapping out defective cameras and aircraft out of the box, even after flying. B&H, Amazon, others.

Bill_Burkert said:
I really, really want a fully working and fully supported UAV but communist dji sells a defective product and is going to have a heck of a time dealing with us courts.

"ell" and "communist" don't really sit well together as concepts, don't you think? If you have a defective product then you have the benefit of whatever consumer protection laws your jurisdiction sees fit to provide you with. It's one of the benefits of buying from a local dealer. If your jurisdiction doesn't have strong consumer protection laws then invoke a little democracy and vote someone in who'll give 'em to you! ;)

Bill_Burkert said:
I think it is bait and switch and the injunction is not helping. Can they survive until August? I doubt it. Oh well have my $1200 in my pocket and will buy a UAV someday.

I doubt the injunction is damaging their cash flow very much at all. 19 of the dealers on the list of 30 injuncted are no longer active. Those who are still active can continue to sell DJI product. Those who sell a lot of DJI product are, I suspect, already thinking about setting up new entities legally distinct from the injuncted party in order to deal direct with DJI. Alternatively they can buy from the grey market or import from DJI Europe, DJI Japan, etc. As a worldwide product there's plenty of business for them in Europe, Asia and from all the other dealers in the USA not affected. The world is a big market.

Only time will tell how this plays out. Amazon wouldn't send a return label and sided with drones etc. Drones etc wouldn't send a return label either. No problem because I sold my dji ROC quadcopter and my money is in my pocket. US Buyers beware,.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic