Drones and so much negativity why?

Exactly. The police did not see anything. So why did the media over hype the story. Probably a balloon. I know there is a nfz there. What the hell.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: GodFear17
I like how anything flying in the air now is automatically a "drone".

Honestly. I feel like I have to take my phantom out secretly to avoid scrutiny. :(

Honestly. I feel like I have to take my phantom out secretly to avoid scrutiny. :(

My experience has been people generally like them. When I'm at the park, and filming, I get people waving at them all the time. It's like many have learned about them and don't mind them too much. They'll come up and talk to me, I try to be informative, some want a picture emailed to them (make yourself a business card like thing with an email address) makes for a quick way for them to get in touch with you to send them a picture or whatnot.

Heck tell them to find a cool spot by a pond or something and take a picture for them. People love what these things can do. If your not, Join the AMA (modelaircraft.org) you get insurance with it along with a ton of other things.

I dunno, besides the press, I've found it to actually be a lot of fun.

Reactions: SouthernPhantom
I agree with GodFear17. People generally like them and ask intelligent questions. The occasional media reports are rare in relation to the number of them in use. You'll notice the same type of report every time a truck overturns on a highway, too. But think of all the trucks you see on the road every day.

The one thing I agree with is that they tend to report a "drone sighting", regardless of whether there's an actual confirmation. And yes, they usually show a picture of a shaky Phantom. But so what? As more people buy them and they become more commonplace, the less they'll be news.

I haven't found many people that dislike them.
It's when people do stupid $hit and others get annoyed by it.
None of these people had a problem when I flew by them but I bet alcohol was involved.
I know the vid sux but that's why I have the advanced now.

That video looks like you had the camera on a stick... LOL man the FPV view seems old school now days.

With the news, if it bleeds it leads. Or if it has the potential to bleed and/or cause deadly harm its breaking new. Honestly the drone world get a very bad rap. Yes there are dumb people but that is with any hobby. They need to let it go.

Reactions: 185EZ
My experience has been people generally like them. When I'm at the park, and filming, I get people waving at them all the time. It's like many have learned about them and don't mind them too much. They'll come up and talk to me, I try to be informative, some want a picture emailed to them (make yourself a business card like thing with an email address) makes for a quick way for them to get in touch with you to send them a picture or whatnot.

Heck tell them to find a cool spot by a pond or something and take a picture for them. People love what these things can do. If your not, Join the AMA (modelaircraft.org) you get insurance with it along with a ton of other things.

I dunno, besides the press, I've found it to actually be a lot of fun.
That's what I've found, people want pictures of themselves on vacation, with their big motorhome, standing out front drinkin a beer. And I'm tired of its a uas, its a uav, don't call it a drone, a drone has missles, mine is a drone. I would call it a phantom, but drone has less letters.

Yes. In parks or beaches. Many people like them. Great idea to give my email and send people pics if they want them. To fight against the bias some people have. Honestly I've wanted one for while. With the price drop. I pulled the trigger. I did have a sharper image toy before. It was horrible. On day 3 was stuck in a tree. No control what so ever. Drifted constantly. This is like getting a Cadillac after driving a gremlin.

Wow 185ez. It really is shaky. What's with that? Hehehe. @ god fear. Yes. I'm AmA member. I got the first year membership free with purchase of my phantom at Best Buy. Saved me $75 bucks. Got my card in the mail already.

I've been camping and will ask any neighbors if they mind especially if they have pets since it might be a bit noisy and everyone loves to see it fly and see themselves in the video.
Even had people come up to me and say they've always wanted to get one and they will after seeing how much fun it is.
I guess you've seen the lifelock commercial where the guy is using a phantom to spy on somebody in a park to steal his identity? We have an uphill battle, and its not because of the people, its the media.

Reactions: Tony Cowan
I guess you've seen the lifelock commercial where the guy is using a phantom to spy on somebody in a park to steal his identity? We have an uphill battle, and its not because of the people, its the media.
Agreed.

Wait a minute. Is this your phantom moving like this ? Or another aircraft? I'm just curious.

Wait a minute. Is this your phantom moving like this ? Or another aircraft? I'm just curious.

lol, it's one of the first original phantom fc40 with a fixed camera in the wind in the ocean.
just like the phantom pic in your news story.

For a while I was telling everyone I knew that "Drones go pew pew pew and kill people. sUAS is the term for consumer grade aircraft" but I sort of gave up on that... Drone seems to have stuck.

It's the Phantom FC40 in the pic
I wonder what the pilots actually saw

Miami-Dade police were also asked to assist in finding the person who was manning the drone, but police said they did not find anything or anyone in the area.
I bet that was not the actual drone. They just thru that pic in because its the most popular drone. That's what people do to get things banned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31